Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kylewalkerup

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 27, 2019
Vancouver
Hi,

I wanted to create different folders in the Photos for my pictures. I know there is an option to create a different folder, but that only sync the photos. I keep the photos in the main folder as well.

I want the gallery like one in the Android. One of my friends told me that he knew a trick to create exactly android like a gallery in iOS. But we don't have enough time, so I couldn't learn that trick.

If there is a way, kindly guide me.

Micky Do

macrumors 68020
Aug 31, 2012
a South Pacific island
When you create a folder or an album in Photos, the pictures you put in them remain in the main library.

You can have the same picture in several albums or folders. When you delete a picture from an album or folder it is not deleted from other folders or the library.

However, if you delete a picture from the library, it will be deleted from all folders and albums.

kylewalkerup

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 27, 2019
Vancouver
When you create a folder or an album in Photos, the pictures you put in them remain in the main library.

You can have the same picture in several albums or folders. When you delete a picture from an album or folder it is not deleted from other folders or the library.

However, if you delete a picture from the library, it will be deleted from all folders and albums.

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I know about that. But I want something like Android. There is no main "Library". Is there any way in iOS to move pictures from the main library to other folders?

kylewalkerup

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 27, 2019
Vancouver
No reply... It means there is no such option??

If not a built-in feature, can you please suggest any APP (Free or Paid) which can do the same for me on iPhone?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.