Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ianfann

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 12, 2014
I am sure most of us are going to end up with more than one watch band for our AW, how do you intend to store your bands? Is there a tray like storage box available in the market? This tray should be small enough to fit on my bed side table.

OllyW

Staff member
Oct 11, 2005
The Black Country, England
Would this do the job?

51%2BOGCk3ZHL.jpg

GrimmsGirl

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2013
Although I already own a (few) jewelry box(es), the interior configuration isn't right to hold the various bands I've already purchased and the additional ones I see myself purchasing in the future.

I bought this specifically to hold my spare bands:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/49118912/modular-jewelry-box-system-cherry-top?ref=related-1

It arrived today and it's very nice and well built. Enough room to toss my other watches in it if I want. I don't find it feminine, but then again I'm a woman so my reality on that might be skewed. Really, most any valet box would do for men.

ianfann

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 12, 2014
This is what I am currently using to store my straps. I still can't find a suitable stand/display for my straps. I want to be able to take a glance and pick up the matching strap (usually in the mornings) instead of rummaging this tupperware box...:(

tvQwBkH.jpg

Slevin

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2007
New York
I have a few different bands on order and I was wondering if there was a case that was are that could hold all these bands

supertomtom

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2007
Gold Coast, Australia
So the tray finally arrived from Amazon. I quite like it! Well constructed and makes it easy for me to organise the bands. Now just have to wait for my other 3rd party bands to arrive to fill in the slots :D It's dual layered so can hold up to 12.

Luckily the S/M bands fit perfectly into it, but I can see how it'll be too small for the M/L sized bands.

Attachments

• IMG_3049.jpg
    IMG_3049.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 5,049
Reactions: ipedro

DarkHeraldMage

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2007
Fort Worth, TX
So the tray finally arrived from Amazon. I quite like it! Well constructed and makes it easy for me to organise the bands. Now just have to wait for my other 3rd party bands to arrive to fill in the slots :D It's dual layered so can hold up to 12.

Luckily the S/M bands fit perfectly into it, but I can see how it'll be too small for the M/L sized bands.

Really glad I found this thread, I was just about to buy that and I have the m/l bands only. Got my Stainless Steel Space Black Link with my 42mm then bought a green Sport band in my local Apple store.

Guess I'll have to keep looking. If you have a link to some quality 3rd party bands, I'd love to take a look. :)

CellXor10

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2015
Connecticut, USA
Just like NewApplyBoy, I, too, am glad I found this thread- only maybe the 3rd time I've come into the "Accessories" subset of the Watch forums here, and this was exactly the stuff I was looking for!

I have a silver aluminum AW Sport w/Blue Sport Band (had it the past 3 and a half weeks) and just today my Black Sport Band was delivered by UPS. AND just yesterday I made a trip to one of the nearby Apple Stores and picked myself up a Classic Buckle- and I love them all! (And- as a side note, my trip to the Apple Store yesterday was actually my first time seeing any other Apple Watch or band in person. I never scheduled a try-on appointment or anything of the sort prior to preordering/receiving my Watch. So was a pretty amazing trip for me- first time seeing the Stainless Steel Watch [and gold Edition obviously for the matter], and more importantly to me and this thread, my personal opinion on a number of the bands was changed- some VERY drastically. I went from hating the Milanese Loop to almost considering ordering one, and while I only 'disliked' the Leather Loop, that one also grew on me to the point I was considering it as well. Steering back from my huge tangent- the Classic Buckle was the only band other than Sport's Bands I had considered prior to going into the store [love the Link, but not for $450], and I left the store very satisfied with one of em, which may well become my "primary" band. BUT, all of a sudden, I was very interested in every band option offered in one color or another).

Back to square one- So the Classic Buckle came with it's own 'personal case' in a sense- just pretty much a miniature version of the white plastic elongated case the Apple Watch Sport's come in, so I figured I could store it in there when not in use, but I ran into the issue with where I would want to keep my Blue Sports band. Then today, receiving the Black SB from UPS, it didn't come in any real case that it could be stored in. Which all prompted me to begin looking into storage options.

Anyways, I have nothing to offer up myself yet, save for the above short story, long, but appreciate people sharing what they've come across!

Cheers!

Reactions: Ntombi and AppleWes

swandy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2012
New Accessory Needed for Apple Watch.....

A case to hold all the BANDS we are all getting!!!!
(Surprised no one has offered one yet.)

GrindedDown

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2009
Las Vegas
Seriously not a bad idea at all honestly. I have two right now, I plan on getting a leather loop, probably the stone color, a few third party ones, and I am sure when they release some fancy new sport colors, I will want to pick up a few of those as well. Would be nice to be able to store them properly.

GrindedDown

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2009
Las Vegas
Here is an idea I can see visually in my head.

A jewelry box, bedside companion that has slide out mini drawers for band storage. Has two small pullout trays. On the flat surface up top there are slots for the apple watch, your iphone, and ipad.

This inspired me and I did a reallllllllllly rough mockup on my ipad using iDraw of what I was thinking. My mind is running wild with the right choice of materials (wood is cool, aluminum, or maybe polycarbonate with some brushed aluminum accents and drawer handles), the right logistics for running cables into the stand so it still looks clean, and still providing an aesthetically pleasing, premium quality product. I would imagine that something like this can made and sold at about $100-ish profitably. Maybe worth a tad more as the market for a product like this will be small and the consumer will generally want to spend money on an accessory like this..

That's the product I want to use, but sadly it doesn't exist yet.

In any event, here ya go gang!

T0Ri5sl.png

Last edited:

GrindedDown

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2009
Las Vegas
Man, I have a whole number of crazy and awesome concepts running through my head right now for a whole number of premium quality accessories for this silly wrist worn computer (it's not actually silly, I find it to be a miracle of modern science).

I may actually have to put together some detailed concepts of some of these gorgeous designs I have in mind......

fishkorp

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2006
Ellicott City, MD
I have the wooden box shown in this thread, works well for what I have. (I have 7 total bands so far)

Last edited by a moderator:

TwinCitiesJHawk

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2009
JW8.png
Props to supertomtom for the pic and convincing me to grab the box from Amazon.

It just arrived and my small/medium bands fit great, except for the link bracelet (3 links removed on each side). I had to take it apart to make it fit, but thats ok because to put it on the watch you have to break it apart like this anyway.

For $35 to fit 12 bands, Its perfect.

Last edited:

samspencer1

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2009
Sorry If this has already been mentioned...

I'm quite sad and brought all the Apple Watch straps excluding the Sport Pink, Has anyone found a nice case I could keep them all in?

The more expensive bands come in nice cases but I'm stuck with all my sports band loose in their cardboard boxes.

MartinSk

macrumors member
May 3, 2015
Sorry If this has already been mentioned...

I'm quite sad and brought all the Apple Watch straps excluding the Sport Pink, Has anyone found a nice case I could keep them all in?

The more expensive bands come in nice cases but I'm stuck with all my sports band loose in their cardboard boxes.

I had a ready made solution in the top of my chest of drawers. There's a vanity mirror designed for ladies and make up etc but it's perfect for storing bands :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2,284
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.