Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tobefirst ⚽️

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
I have encountered a bug on my series 3. Most of the apps on the phone were locked for Downtime even though I don't have that set up anywhere. I restarted twice (which takes for.eh.ver) on watchOS 6, and eventually, Downtime was lifted and I was able to use those apps again.

liteshow

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2012
Battery life issues aside, is WatchOS 6 safe for installation on a Series 3?
Or would it be better to wait for 6.1?

NO issues with series 3 GPS and Watchos6. In fact it fixed an issue that watchos5 could not fix - dropped connections when connected to WPA Enterprise Wifi.

Smoothie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2007
California
Rather than edit my post above, I may have spoken too soon. I'm experiencing a problem which may be related to wrist detection. My watch is locking several times a day while it's still on my wrist, so I need to enter my passcode or unlock with my phone. I tightened the strap and cleaned the back of the watch to eliminate those as possible causes, but it's still doing it. I had this issue only rarely on prior versions of the OS, but it's happening frequently since I installed 6.0.

lexikon318

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2018
Couldn’t even update my wife’s series 3 ... it was going to take 2 days. I’m not even going to bother figuring it out since OS6 has been crappy for my series 4’s battery ha

burgman

macrumors 68030
Sep 24, 2013
Only issue I'm having is after charging and after I enter my passcode watch unlocks normally then popups for my iTunes and Apple ID passwords occur. So far I just hit cancel everything seems fine.

ManicMarc

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2012
What's the verdict now?
I'm still happily running iOS 12 and watchOS 5 on my iPhone 8 and series 4.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.