Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
I've noticed recently that when I finish a Waze drive and reach my destination through CarPlay, I properly end the navigation however the blue GPS active icon remains on the top of my screen. Now this doesn't happen all the time, but more times than not. When it does work, I end the navigation an the blue GPS active icon reverts back to the normal clock. When it gets "stuck" it won't shut off, even after a few minutes. If I try tapping the icon, it usually opens up the active navigation, just like if it were green, it would bring you to the active call screen. However, tapping it won't do anything. The only way to get GPS to turn off is by going into the location settings and turning Waze to "never" then back to "when using app" and then it properly shuts down.

Anyone else notice this issue recently and know how to fix it? its the only GPS/Nav app that does this and its getting annoying.

adnbek

macrumors 68000
Oct 22, 2011
Montreal, Quebec
Quitting the app works (swipe up on app window when in app card view) but even if you don’t it will stop after a while. It lingers for a while before it stops active tracking from my experience.

bransoj

macrumors 68000
Jul 31, 2013
I've noticed an issue with Waze not killing things properly, occasionally i get a blue bar with [null] in it across the top so i have to reboot the phone to kill it. I'm assuming its Waze not closing off properly.

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
This one thing I never liked about Waze. Any other app kills GPS when I end route, but I have to do the extra crap to put Waze to sleep even after ending the route.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.