Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Clete2

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 20, 2008
USA
I am seeing bad results on the current location and selected city that I have typed in (61704). The sunrise and sunset times are inaccurate and the current weather hourly timeline is also bad. See attachment.

How do I fix this? The only thing I can think of is that I recently went to EST and back to CST during recent travels.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    805.7 KB · Views: 2,074

saturnotaku

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2013
Having the exact same problem myself on all my family's iOS 9 devices, including my parents' 2 iPhone 6s, my 6 Plus, my son's 4S that's used as an iPod, and my wife's 5s.

Haven't been able to find a solution either.

saturnotaku

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2013
I have not changed time zones myself and I am in the same one as the OP (Central--US&Canada).

Clete2

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 20, 2008
USA
I noticed that when I ask Siri to tell me the weather, it shows correctly and when I tap to open the Weather app from the Siri results, it works fine. Even sometimes when I open the app it'll work fine too. But it will regress later.

imagineadam

macrumors 68000
Jan 19, 2011
Mine has been doing this since Saturday morning. Same with my wife's phone. Probably everyone's. It must be a server side issue.

Foggydog

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2014
Left Coast
I was having trouble with the Yahoo weather app that I really like. It wouldn't give the the local weather report Then I deleted it and downloaded it from the cloud. Since then, it is working fine.

saturnotaku

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2013
Yahoo Weather works fine and I've switched to it for now, but I really want to see this issue with the built-in app fixed.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
The Weather Channel app always had me at the wrong house depending on where I was in my house. I stopped using it and use Weather Bug which works great for me.
Why does specific house location matter for a weather app?

Laurie65

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2015
In front of my computer
Why does specific house location matter for a weather app?

Excellent question that I wish knew the answer to. Sadly, I have absolutely no idea. When I had the Weather Channel app it showed my address when the app was open. So depending on where I was in my house it would have me at the house on either side of mine. Weather Bug has only my town.

Clete2

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 20, 2008
USA
This seems to be fixed now. I didn't change anything. Maybe Weather.com/Apple fixed it on the server side.

NPCz83

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2018
Having the exact same problem myself on all my family's iOS 9 devices, including my parents' 2 iPhone 6s, my 6 Plus, my son's 4S that's used as an iPod, and my wife's 5s.

Haven't been able to find a solution either.

The built-in iOS Weather app claims to use The Weather Channel, but the data for The Weather Channel doesn’t even match what iOS Weather shows. The Apple Weather app seems to average out all of the weather data from many different services, is the only thing that I can find to seem to be the reason. It’s irritating, though. The iOS weather app has the perfect, simple user interface for my liking...now if only it weren’t so inaccurate.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.