Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hughmac

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 4, 2012
Kent, UK
Unfortunately, due to circumstances we were not able to take a holiday (vacation) this year, so I would dearly like to see your best shots from your last vacation.
I'm looking to see some fantastic scenery from places away from your home area, that will make me feel like I've actually visited them myself.

Don't feel too bad for me; it wasn't really that terrible staying at home - just enjoy yourself and show me your best, with a little description of where you were please :)

Rules as follows:

· Do not comment, vote, react, or click “like” on images prior to the winners being announced.

· The photographs must be your own work.

· You may only submit one photo per contest.

· This contest runs for one week, if in doubt, check the dates in the title.

· At the end of the week, The Judge will choose a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place photo, providing as much feedback as possible.

· If the Judge is unable to complete the selection within 48 hours of the deadline, then last week's 2nd place has to step in. 3rd place takes over should 2nd place be similarly unable to officiate.

· The 1st place Winner will start a new thread with the topic/theme of their choice, and act as the Judge for that contest. (Winner has 48 hours to create a new theme, after that it defers to 2nd place).

· Be sure to update the Contest Master List as soon as you post a new theme.

Cheers :)

Hugh

Last edited:

oblomow

macrumors 601
Apr 14, 2005
Netherlands
ba3440ccf07d7407accb65ffbc8d03ed.jpg

Holiday snaps! My specialty!

Last edited:

deep diver

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Philadelphia.
If it's scenic you want, it's scenic you'll get. First I didn't read the abstract and then I didn't read it closely enough. I think I got it this time.

This is in Park City, Utah

(I'll post a resized copy if I have the time to make one.)

0 Park City DeerCreek2HDR resize smaller.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: arn and crf8

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
Entry updated since the expectation is to have more scenic shots. This is from last year. Hope it satisfies the requirements. It was such an awesome hiking trip to the Exmoor national park. It’s known as one of the Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty- AONB - in the UK.

f9c446a5e0f928b263c20684f19d289e.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: someoldguy

tizeye

macrumors 68040
Jul 17, 2013
Orlando, FL
While arriving in Rivaz by train, taking a ship on Lac Leman (Lake Geneva) from the dock at Rivaz/St Saphorin to Chateau de Chillon with stops at Vevey and Montreaux. Previous year hiked the mid-tier pedestrian (and farm equipment) path through the vineyards, enjoyed refreshments at the café in the pictured Chateau de Glerolles before taking a ship rather than train back to Lausanne. Travel side note: While I now buy tickets individually with SBB Swiss Rail app on iPhone, an SBB rail pass includes unlimited train, ship and bus which opens up cross lake day trips to Evian and Yvoire, FR.

Rivas St Saphorin-2400px-1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: someoldguy
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.