Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cogi0490

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 21, 2016
Germany
Since I am a bit short on time at the moment, I am trying out new photography projects each / occasionally on sundays.
Photography is like meditation for me - I forget everything around me by just enjoying the progress...

So, I would like to see, what you do for fun on a sunday or what you do to relax but also like to take photographs at the same time - for example, sitting in a chair with a hot cup of tea/coffee, playing with children/pets, sports, ...

The topic is a bit loose and I will probably regret it, but I hope you enjoy it! :D

Rules as follows:

· Do not comment, vote, react, or click “like” on images prior to the winners being announced.

· The photographs must be your own work.

· You may only submit one photo per contest.

· This contest runs for one week, if in doubt, check the dates in the title.

· At the end of the week, The Judge will choose a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place photo, providing as much feedback as possible.

· If the Judge is unable to complete the selection within 48 hours of the deadline, then last week's 2nd place has to step in. 3rd place takes over should 2nd place be similarly unable to officiate.

· The 1st place Winner will start a new thread with the topic/theme of their choice, and act as the Judge for that contest. (Winner has 48 hours to create a new theme, after that it defers to 2nd place).

· Be sure to update the Contest Master List as soon as you post a new theme.

Reactions: Hughmac

cogi0490

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 21, 2016
Germany
Oh, I am sorry for the ambiguity...you can also take photographs of persons/pets in your life or just of things...but the picture should somehow relate to a relaxing sunday or an activity that frees your mind.

For example photographing my cat is very relaxing because he is lazy, does not care about anything...
59C8BB15-B45E-4BCE-AEBD-31A280244ABE.jpeg

Reactions: AngerDanger

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
8cc694f457a1c805f7410a1493153779.jpg

On a Sunday you might often find me hiking , it’s like a therapy for me.

tizeye

macrumors 68040
Jul 17, 2013
Orlando, FL
Had one of me in the kayak, but by rules, I couldn't have taken it. Therefore, have a picture taken from the kayak, intentionally showing the kayak as proceeding downstream rather than appearing to have been taken from shore.
wekeiva 2500px.jpg

Last edited:

LiE_

macrumors 68000
Mar 23, 2013
UK
It was a tough choice, but most Sundays I spend with my wife and son on trips and walks. Here is a recent one on walk by the canal. Enjoying taken photos on the 11 pro.

IMG_0295.png

deep diver

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Philadelphia.
I don't know if this was on a Sunday, but my Zen experiences are brewing beer (not part of this image) and being behind the camera with my favorite lens.

Hale Farms - 017 finished.jpg

Strider64

macrumors 65816
Dec 1, 2015
Suburb of Detroit
I like bird watching especially birds-of-prey or raptures and today I was fortunate to get pictures of a Red-tailed Hawk eating a black squirrel in my neighborhood. Here's one of my favorite pictures of many ->

I have other pictures of the hawk eating the squirrel, but I thought this was one of the tamer pictures. Yes, I know it isn't Sunday, but a lot of times I go to park to pictures of birds. Though this particular bird practically landed in my yard (almost).

cogi0490

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 21, 2016
Germany
Thank you for participating in the contest.
I will try my best for the first time being a judge.

@akash.nu great shot as always. B&W fits the (in my imagination) roughness in the snowy altitude very good! With the signs in the front I get the feeling that the picture shows the calm before the storm...

@tizeye very idyllic shot. You captured reflections on the water and the front of the kayak gives the observer a feeling of tranquillity whereas the sides of the river makes me feel a bist nervous.

@LiE_ great photo of your closest family members. Leading lines towards your loved ones and it is overall a peaceful scenery.

@deep diver cool shot! The chapel (?) in the back and the man, dressed in a "sunday suit", with a low-contrast edit fit perfectly together.

@Strider64 Wow! Awesome shot and great timing. I also looked at your other pictures of the series, but this one shows the whole power and proudness of the hawk, so it is my favorite of the series too.

@Indydenny very good timing for capturing this moment. They seem to have a lot of fun and you chose good camera settings...water droplets are freezing but you can still see the speed of the rubber raft.

1st place: goes to @LiE_ for that nice picture of a lovely and calm sunday
2nd place: all others

LiE_

macrumors 68000
Mar 23, 2013
UK
Thanks @cogi0490 I appreciate you picking my photo!

I don't have time to create a new thread so not sure if you want to pick someone else to do that duty :)

deep diver

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Philadelphia.
cogi0490 - you gave all of the rest of us 2nd place. You have to choose one of us to be the next judge.

If cogi0490 doesn't choose another in the next 24 hours then I think one of us will have to volunteer.

tizeye

macrumors 68040
Jul 17, 2013
Orlando, FL
Drat! Did you happen to notice how I was being very quiet keeping a low profile? It didn't work.

I do have an idea which is a variation of the Sunday Funday theme but will have to post later as don't have access to a photo to illustrate. HINT: Just think of the famous line from a robot in a 1965 era TV sitcom.

Congratulations to all for the photos submitted. While there were a limited number submitted, each addressed the topic well. On mine, the river does appear wider than it is. While the launch site was near the spring, this is a wide section before narrows down straight ahead. The channel itself is 15 to 25 feet wide. An alternate that showed the width was an overhanging tree that teens ignored the sign, climbing it and jumping in. Also in that general area, while it doesn't show the width, I am cruising by taking a picture from the kayak of an alligator on the bank. I was about 12 feet from the gator...but they were jumping out a tree into the water a few yards downstream.

Darmok N Jalad

macrumors 603
Sep 26, 2017
Tanagra (not really)
Drat! Did you happen to notice how I was being very quiet keeping a low profile? It didn't work.

I do have an idea which is a variation of the Sunday Funday theme but will have to post later as don't have access to a photo to illustrate. HINT: Just think of the famous line from a robot in a 1965 era TV sitcom.

Congratulations to all for the photos submitted. While there were a limited number submitted, each addressed the topic well. On mine, the river does appear wider than it is. While the launch site was near the spring, this is a wide section before narrows down straight ahead. The channel itself is 15 to 25 feet wide. An alternate that showed the width was an overhanging tree that teens ignored the sign, climbing it and jumping in. Also in that general area, while it doesn't show the width, I am cruising by taking a picture from the kayak of an alligator on the bank. I was about 12 feet from the gator...but they were jumping out a tree into the water a few yards downstream.
Absence is the surest way to be nominated for something.

Reactions: deep diver
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.