Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MonoJoker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 20, 2019
Hi All

Got a work network with mixed Macs and PCs and NAS server which shares some folders. All other Macs and PCs have no issue with the share and maintain a reliable connection. Got one troublesome Mac which exhibits the following behaviour:

1. After connecting successfully it then drops the share and it sometimes doesn't show in Recent. Have to Choose to reconnect as Registered User but then the only option is "GUEST" to reconnect.

2. Sometimes the share disappears from Recent altogether and you cannot connect AT ALL until you reboot enough times for it to re-appear in the Recent list. Ie you can't browse to it.

3. When you try to drag n drop a shortcut to the desktop for the folder it rejects it completely and throws an error "Unexpected Error -8060".

Very strange and annoying but before I reformat and try again from scratch does anyone have anything I could try to fix this?

Thanks.

Soba

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2003
Rochester, NY
Hi All

Got a work network with mixed Macs and PCs and NAS server which shares some folders. All other Macs and PCs have no issue with the share and maintain a reliable connection. Got one troublesome Mac which exhibits the following behaviour:

1. After connecting successfully it then drops the share and it sometimes doesn't show in Recent. Have to Choose to reconnect as Registered User but then the only option is "GUEST" to reconnect.

2. Sometimes the share disappears from Recent altogether and you cannot connect AT ALL until you reboot enough times for it to re-appear in the Recent list. Ie you can't browse to it.

3. When you try to drag n drop a shortcut to the desktop for the folder it rejects it completely and throws an error "Unexpected Error -8060".

Very strange and annoying but before I reformat and try again from scratch does anyone have anything I could try to fix this?

Thanks.

What version of macOS is running on the problematic Mac? Please post a screenshot of the “About this Mac” window.

Also curious if this differs from the other Macs that are working without trouble.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.