Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheRealAlex

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 2, 2015
I can’t wait for iPad OS, such a game changer, and I cannot decide between the Zagg iPad Pro Keyboard for the 11” Pro Or the Logitech Slim Keyboard for the 11” Pro.

The Brydge Keyboard needs to be redesigned to integrate a Trackpad it’s got the space. And it’s way too over priced IMO. $79.99 to $99.99 is the sweet spot for the Zagg and the Logitech.

richpjr

macrumors 68040
May 9, 2006
I'm somewhat reluctantly using Apple's keyboard for my 12.9 Pro. It is obscenely overpriced for a keyboard and I like the layout and extra keys on the competition, but...they are just too bulky for me.

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
I can’t wait for iPad OS, such a game changer, and I cannot decide between the Zagg iPad Pro Keyboard for the 11” Pro Or the Logitech Slim Keyboard for the 11” Pro.

The Brydge Keyboard needs to be redesigned to integrate a Trackpad it’s got the space. And it’s way too over priced IMO. $79.99 to $99.99 is the sweet spot for the Zagg and the Logitech.

No on the go keyboard for me anymore for now. The 11” goes into a zugu case and will connect a Bluetooth keyboard when needed. Which in my use case would be at home at a desk.

MrRabuf

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2019
Magic Keyboard (without number pad) when I'm using it at a desk and a Smart Keyboard for all other purposes. I don't like most of the 3rd party offerings because of the added bulk; I'd just travel with a real laptop if I wanted that much bulk.

AutomaticApple

Suspended
Nov 28, 2018
Massachusetts

Apple Smart Keyboard for 12.9 inch iPad Pro.

ascender

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2005
Apple Keyboard Folio on the go and an Apple Magic Keyboard when at my desk. I do wonder if there will be a time soon when iOS can support a keyboard with built-in trackpad - that would be a real game changer IMO.

Rapmastac1

macrumors 65816
Aug 5, 2006
In the Depths of the SLC!
I love the way the Apple keyboard case looks and how the iPad is still "naked" just being held with magnets, but it's very expensive given the lack of portrait and few angles.

I can't wait for a laptop style case that has a keyboard and trackpad as well as a strong hinge for multiple angles. It wouldn't be great for drawing or writing notes but for office type work it would be perfect.

I think the smaller Pro may not be able to work as well since the footprint may be too small for keyboard and trackpad.

Take that to the next level with a rechargable battery bank and built in USB A ports.
Apple Keyboard Folio on the go and an Apple Magic Keyboard when at my desk. I do wonder if there will be a time soon when iOS can support a keyboard with built-in trackpad - that would be a real game changer IMO.

Has no one been able to use a trackpad device yet? I'm aware that it would be a combo but I use a Logitech mouse and keyboard with a single USB receiver and it works. Although if you are only using the mouse it doesn't know so you have to force the on screen keyboard in accessibility settings.

Reactions: limesmoothie

stevierichards

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2019
I just picked up the Logitech K380 and been pleasantly surprised by how much I like it. For under $30, it’s a great value.

I use my iPad Pro for watching content while doing cardio, so the ASK material problems scares me away from that. The K380 is a good solution for me and doesn’t need to be connected to the iPad Pro at all times.

mrklaw

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2008
I refuse to pay £200 for a simple enough keyboard from Apple. No trackpad, no backlight, no battery required.

Surface pro money with backlight and trackpad for £100 and I’ll bite. Maybe £129. But current price is just insanity

Until then, Logitech k380 thrown in my bag. Third party options can’t be removed easily enough so they’re mostly out

danniexi

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2012
bought my iPad the beginning of this year with the iPad Folio Keyboard. I didnt like the keyboard, so I sold it and picked up an unused Magic Keyboard from my home as my go to setup.

I picked up another keyboard folio. there are still advantages to having the Magic Keyboard (much better typing experience, media controls), but having to turn on/off the keyboard whenever im moving about my office got irritating. having the keyboard attached really does make a difference when it comes to practicality and switching between tablet vs typing mode.

and as for the typing itself, I still dont like the spongy keys, but dammit im near 100 wpm on this piece of crap and thats pretty impressive enough for me to keep it this time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.