Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.

Gorgeous sleeve art; is the music as good as the sleeve would suggest?

Just now, I am listening to a few tracks by the always wonderful Pink Martini; and am currently playing U Plavu Zoru.

Still with the wonderful Pink Martini.

And am enjoying tracks such as Ninna Nanna, City of Night!, Ohayoo Ohio, Amado Mio, Sympathique, Que Sera Sera, Andalusia, Song of the Black Lizard, Let's Never Stop Falling In Love, U Plavu Zoru, Una Notta A Napoli, and a number of others.

Reactions: mikzn

mikzn

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2013
North Vancouver
And am enjoying tracks such as Ninna Nanna, City of Night!, Ohayoo Ohio, Amado Mio, Sympathique, Que Sera Sera, Andalusia, Song of the Black Lizard, Let's Never Stop Falling In Love, U Plavu Zoru, Una Notta A Napoli, and a number of others.

Love that album - great version of Bolero too, and "Hang on Little Tomato" is also a nice Pink Martini album

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Love that album - great version of Bolero too, and "Hang on Little Tomato" is also a nice Pink Martini album

This playlist is a mix from four separate Pink Martini albums (Sympathique, and Hang On Little Tomato - both superlative albums - as well as Hey Eugene! and Splendour In The Grass).

Haven't listened to their music in a long time - actually, today, is the first time I am enjoying - and relaxing to - some seriously good easy - yet sophisticated - 'cool' music for what seems an absolute age.

But, I must say that I really love this group.

Reactions: mikzn

bbrks

macrumors 65816
Dec 17, 2013
I guess you would then also like De Phazz.

Something like this:
1574619132301.png

RootBeerMan

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2016
I was listening to Brian McComas' "All Come Flooding Down". Sadly, no version of him singing it seems to be available, but this version is very true to his. This is a great Roots Country song. Great in every way!

hawkeye_a

macrumors 68000
Jun 27, 2016
Joe Hisaishi - The Bygone Days (from the Porco Rosso Soundtrack)
Mellow jazz piano for a cool autumn day.

pachyderm

macrumors G3
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
echo.jpg

Saw the film last night.

Loved it.
[automerge]1574854511[/automerge]

Jade Castrinos, a.k.a. Jade, was having an issue with a sore throat. I still dig these two performances.

ascender

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2005
Bene spoiled this week with NIN/Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross goodies.

Waves soundtrack dropped last night and is an incredible piece of work.

Watchmen Vol 2 should be any day now and they've also released their extended soundtrack for Bird Box and the With Teeth definitive edition on vinyl.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.