Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Nothing so far. :p But I did find a list of shows posted in April. Of the 24 shows listed, many as just projects featuring a star, I choose Foundation as having potential. Note, I am a big SciFi fan.
All Upcoming Apple TV Plus Shows in 2019 and 2020

6. Foundation (2019)
One of the most anticipated upcoming sci-fi shows is the adaptation of Issac Asimov’s sci-fi fantasy novel, ‘Foundation’. It is set in a world where a man discovers that their universe will fall into dark times unless the series of events is accelerated and the bad thing is mitigated before it turns into the worst. This leads him to bring together a group of people whose mission is to overthrow the current governmental system of the galaxy. The first series is set to have ten episodes and Asimov’s daughter, Robyn, will be a part of the executive producer team. The cast hasn’t been finalised yet.

17. For All Mankind, has potential but appears to be the same theme as The Man In The High Castle. I’ll wait and see.
Looking back at history, one can easily say that the last century was one of the most tumultuous times in history. Two wars that totally broke the spirit of humanity, the Great Depression that broke the economy, and the Cold War that lead to the breaking of the Soviet Union- the list goes on and on. And honestly, I can’t say that the mess has been cleared. One of the results of the Cold War was the Space Race. Because they couldn’t declare active war against each other, America and Russia busied themselves at beating the other party in all sorts of latent competition. This upcoming sci-fi drama explores an alternate reality of the timeline where “the space race never ended”.

Last edited:

mallbritton

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2006
I activated my year free trial this morning, but haven't watching anything yet. I've put The Elephant Queen, For All Mankind, See and Snoopy in Space in my queue but will probably check out everything.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I activated my year free trial this morning, but haven't watching anything yet. I've put The Elephant Queen, For All Mankind, See and Snoopy in Space in my queue but will probably check out everything.

I may use the free trial to check out For All Mankind, because I found The Man in the High Castle to be intriguing, although in the latter there were people who were aware of alternate realities. I’ll assume that they don’t in FAM. Btw tMitHC season 4 starts in 12 days on Amazon Prime.

StyxMaker

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2010
Inside my head.
I’ve watched the first four episodes of ‘The Morning Show’ , the first five episodes of ‘Dickinson’, and ‘The Elephant Queen. Enjoyed everything I’ve watched so far.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.