Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nichlaspro

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 21, 2015
Hi again!!!

This thread is basically according to the App Store review rule 7.1: Apps that artificially increase the number of impressions or click-throughs of ads will be rejected.

Okay, lots of apps offers some kind of ads, so they can make more profit.
Therefore most of them tries to encourage their users to click on an advertisement or watch a video about a game, or just something which can give the developers some income.

For example: There's like flappy bird. You only have one life, so when hit something you shall try again from start. But, you can get an extra life if you just watch one advertisement. There is a lot games which offers some sort of bonuses that way.

They encourage their users to for example tap on iAds...
And by that way, they artificially improves the clicks and impressions, that's my opinion about that!
And they're ll legal!!

So, my game(some kind of game;-) ) consists this:

1. A button where the can get 0.01 clicks for each click, which goes pretty fast.

2. A quicker to get the clicks, clicking on iAds, which will give the users one whole click.

The iAds is way quicker than clicking on the button and by that way, I encourage the user to click on the iAds and there Apple says I'm artificially increasing the numbers of clicks and impressions.

That's what apple told me. But in my opinion, the user can decide on their own whether they want to do it the slow way or the quickest. I think that I'm just just trying to endourge the users like all the other games. Give the user some sort of advantage!

The concept of my "game" is to get many clicks and then they can win some stuff...

When Apple rejects my app once again but now because of that, I don't think it's fair because the users can ofc decide on their own.

Here's an image of what u mean: http://s23.postimg.org/crv1z0bl7/image.jpg

I don't think that my game should be rejected for that(reason 7.1).
It's just like all other games, offering bonus if u do something which can give the developers profit. AND my users can decide on their own..
--------------------
So, what do you think, is this really that way?

And what would you do, contact apple and tell them something, or make something different? Or just use another advertisement network??

-Thanks so much!!

(It took some time to write)

Update/edit: Please just talk about the scenario, I created this according to artificially increasing numbers of clicks and impressions and when you look at my scenario compared to all others who encourages their users to do something...

Last edited:

theSeb

macrumors 604
Aug 10, 2010
none
The concept of my "game" is to get many clicks and then they can win some stuff...

I would reject your "app" purely out of principle. There is no actual "game mechanism" here, or real purpose, other than to "win some stuff" by clicking a button, or an ad. Personally I think the pay to win model is a load of rubbish, but you're taking the mickey.

nichlaspro

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 21, 2015
I would reject your "app" purely out of principle. There is no actual "game mechanism" here, or real purpose, other than to "win some stuff" by clicking a button, or an ad. Personally I think the pay to win model is a load of rubbish, but you're taking the mickey.

Nono! Sry, I should have defined it better, there's much more in this game, like catching stuff and much more different game modes. But it was just to give you an idea about the scene and to tell you the scenario apple was talking about..

Hope this can make your thoughts better about it!

theSeb

macrumors 604
Aug 10, 2010
none
Nono! Sry, I should have defined it better, there's much more in this game, like catching stuff and much more different game modes. But it was just to give you an idea about the scene and to tell you the scenario apple was talking about..

Hope this can make your thoughts better about it!

I see. Well, the issue is that you're actually trying to give rewards for users to click on an iAd. I am not an expert in this field, because, as I have already mentioned, I loathe the pay to win/free to play models, but that does not fly with me. This is like the "take our survey and win 1000 dollars" adverts that you see on the web.

Based on the experience that I have from watching my wife play some of the popular free to play/pay to win games, none of them encourage you to actually click on an iAd. They encourage you to share something on Facebook, or interact with other players through another social media network, which promotes the app itself. Some of them simply encourage you to buy lives/powerups. This isn't the same thing as what you're doing. I cannot say that I have seen all apps on the app store, so I might be wrong, but I am not aware of an app that actually encourages you to click on iAds as blatantly as yours does.

nichlaspro

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 21, 2015
I see. Well, the issue is that you're actually trying to give rewards for users to click on an iAd. I am not an expert in this field, because, as I have already mentioned, I loathe the pay to win/free to play models, but that does not fly with me. This is like the "take our survey and win 1000 dollars" adverts that you see on the web.

Based on the experience that I have from watching my wife play some of the popular free to play/pay to win games, none of them encourage you to actually click on an iAd. They encourage you to share something on Facebook, or interact with other players through another social media network, which promotes the app itself. Some of them simply encourage you to buy lives/powerups. This isn't the same thing as what you're doing. I cannot say that I have seen all apps on the app store, so I might be wrong, but I am not aware of an app that actually encourages you to click on iAds as blatantly as yours does.

First of all, I have got all permissions from apple so make them win pirzes!

And what I mean encourage in all other gamesm like hay day. They encourage us to watch a an advertisement by giving us free gems right??

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
The problem is that you're using iAds. You need to go with another ad network that has a SDK to work with your user's interactions. None of the small banner guys will let you do what you want, it's in their terms that they don't want you to do that.

theSeb

macrumors 604
Aug 10, 2010
none
The problem is that you're using iAds. You need to go with another ad network that has a SDK to work with your user's interactions. None of the small banner guys will let you do what you want, it's in their terms that they don't want you to do that.

That is exactly what I assume is the issue.

nichlaspro

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 21, 2015

Thanks to you both!!!

But can u suggest an advertisement network???

-THANKS!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.