Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Khalanad75

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2015
land of confusion
Great thanks for the heads up on the playthrough.

Well, that explains the massive price drop (to $15) so quickly...

I guess it's a Win-Win for Xbox owners. Gamepass subscribers get the game quickly as part of their subscription, and physical copy people get the game highly discounted not to long after release as well.

:)

On the GamePass note, if you haven't got it yet, it really is an amazing deal. I have found games I would have never tried, and then actually purchased because of it. And then others that I really wanted, and never got around to buying, and then after playing on GamePass, was thankful I didn't shell out money for it.

myscrnnm

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2014
Seattle, WA
Just finished the Death Stranding main story earlier this week. Going back to level up all my connections. It has a beautiful story.
DEATH STRANDING_20191202172308.jpg

Reactions: sman789

Matteo[V]

macrumors member
Jan 29, 2016
Italy
I bought yesterday GRID 2019 for 29,99 Euro for ps4, it seems a good price to alternate to Call of Duty Modern Warfare

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
Finished RDR2 last night. Going to explore some new areas now and then I'll have to choose what to play next... #firstworldproblems #backlog

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Just finished the Death Stranding main story earlier this week. Going back to level up all my connections. It has a beautiful story.
View attachment 880990

I just can’t pull the trigger on this game. I think graphically it looks freakin fantastic, but the overall gameplay elements doesn’t sell me, even though I’m sure it has a very intricate storyline and Kojima‘s cut scenes have always been _very_ well detailed. But for me, this is not a ‘video game’, this is more of a destination simulator with a narrative attached.

Brief side note: (Unrelated)....

Resident evil 3: Nemesis was announced, releasing April 2020. (Add that to Cyberpunk, TLOU2, and Doom Eternal all with in less than two months of each other near/in May). Yeah, I’m thinkin’ I better finish my backlog well before these games launch. 😁

Last edited:

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I'm hoping to get into mine over Christmas. I don't have high hopes for clearing it though!

Usually this is the time of the year I can start gaming more. Fortunately there’s no real major releases coming until April, which gives me time. But 2020 is shaping up to be a huge year for games. [And consoles.]

myscrnnm

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2014
Seattle, WA
I just can’t pull the trigger on this game. I think graphically it looks freakin fantastic, but the overall gameplay elements doesn’t sell me, even though I’m sure it has a very intricate storyline and Kojima‘s cut scenes have always been _very_ well detailed. But for me, this is not a ‘video game’, this is more of a destination simulator with a narrative attached.

Brief side note: (Unrelated)....

Resident evil 3: Nemesis was announced, releasing April 2020. (Add that to Cyberpunk, TLOU2, and Doom Eternal all with in less than two months of each other near/in May). Yeah, I’m thinkin’ I better finish my backlog well before these games launch. ?
If you ever consider playing it, I can tell you that it's not merely a destination simulator, and it's not even the overall narrative that makes it a memorable game, but the individual experiences of the characters you interact with throughout the journey.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
If you ever consider playing it, I can tell you that it's not merely a destination simulator, and it's not even the overall narrative that makes it a memorable game, but the individual experiences of the characters you interact with throughout the journey.

That’s fair. I’m not knocking the game, I’m just putting out a linear perspective based off what I’ve read/watched for videos on the game. I admit, I’m intrigued, but I have to finish my backlog before I would move on to that game. But I agree, it’s definitely about the journey.

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
I'm kinda happy to see everyone here is struggling with the same backlog problem as me ?

I've made a pact with myself to make a list of my games to play and check the original release date. Going to work my way up from old to new ;-) Think I've got at least 15 games waiting for me to play them. Didn't even bother buying Death Stranding (it's on my list though)

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
I was looking through my backlog and realized I never touched Metal Gear Solid 5 (besides the prologue). Shame on me!

FlippyGonnaSnap

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2019
MGS5 again
Outlast 2
Persona 5
Titanfall 2
Fifa 19

A mix of all the above, once I’ve cleared a few I’ll finally move on to Detroit Become Human.

Ive also got like 20 in my backlog... All those PlayStation Plus freebies sure build up.

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
W-I-T-C-H-E-R 3

I've made a list of all the games in my backlog that I want to play (removed several PS+ games that I don't care about) and got 32 titles left to play apparently. I've then check their (EU/PAL) release dates and going to start with the oldest game first. I started Tomb Raider last night since it was released originally in january 2014. The Witcher 3 got released in May 2015 so it's high on the list.

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
I've made a list of all the games in my backlog that I want to play (removed several PS+ games that I don't care about) and got 32 titles left to play apparently. I've then check their (EU/PAL) release dates and going to start with the oldest game first. I started Tomb Raider last night since it was released originally in january 2014. The Witcher 3 got released in May 2015 so it's high on the list.

The Tomb Raider reboot was good. I need to finish 2 and 3 of that. She's no witcher though!

circatee

Contributor
Nov 30, 2014
The Tomb Raider reboot was good. I need to finish 2 and 3 of that. She's no witcher though!

Is Witcher similar to Tomb Raider (the new one, with the girl from Grey’s Anatomy)?

I have been playing Tomb Raider since ‘95, the first one!
Still looking for something to play on PC, currently. Getting a little tired of The Division II.

Wanted to try Ghost Recon Wildlands, but, still $59.99. Ugh, no thanks. Also, Ghost Recon Breakpoint, but, I will wait on that one...

TopherMan12

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2019
Atlanta, GA
Is Witcher similar to Tomb Raider (the new one, with the girl from Grey’s Anatomy)?

Witcher is very different than Tomb Raider. Witcher 3 is an open world RPG and it is a huge game. You could easily put in 200+ hours into it. I loved it. It was game of the year the year it came out. The combat does taking getting used to. You also have to learn how to use potions, bombs, and oils to really be effective. There is a lot of backstory in the game, but I was able to play it pretty well without having played the first two.

Reactions: circatee

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
Witcher is very different than Tomb Raider. Witcher 3 is an open world RPG and it is a huge game. You could easily put in 200+ hours into it. I loved it. It was game of the year the year it came out. The combat does taking getting used to. You also have to learn how to use potions, bombs, and oils to really be effective. There is a lot of backstory in the game, but I was able to play it pretty well without having played the first two.

Agreed. I went with more of a magic build so I didn't concentrate nearly as much on potions, etc. It's great that there's so much variety.

Reactions: TopherMan12

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Re-continuing RDR2, this time hopefully to finalize this game. I left off halfway through with the storyline a few months back, but still just a beautiful game in every way and amazed at the detailed environments. Rockstar really is talented and what a awesome project they put _so_ much_ effort into over the course of seven years.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.