Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
May 2019-
*Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines-
Just finished my 3rd play through in this game and i still love it! :D:D
* FarCry 3- I have no idea why I did not complete this game, but have restarted it and having a great time other than having to futze with it running in Windows compatibility mode to get it started.

Farcry 3 Sniper Scope.png

* ARK:Survival Evolved- Trying to get back into some server action, while still keeping my solo game going. Solo, I've been working on expanding one of my bases, located in the Redwood forest on the Volcano Map into the trees.
* World of Warship$- Still a love/hate relationship. I'm a sucker for premium ships, but they try to make you buy, buy, buy! This game definitely has a pay to win element to it, buy buying flags and camo to give your ship advantages. While these things can be earned in game, usually you'll outpace the rate in which they earned.

Last edited:

whooleytoo

macrumors 604
Aug 2, 2002
Cork, Ireland.
Just finished a playthrough of Halo: Reach, the Master-Chief Collection, ODST and Halo 5, all on Legendary. I think I'm good to never play a Halo game ever again. Just hearing that Elite laugh, the 'swish' of the light sword, or just the word "gondola" gives me the heebie jeebies.

Now playing through the Arkham games (Asylum which I hadn't played before, finished City again, which I loved but didn't 100% complete Riddler's puzzles the first time, and now on Arkham Knight, which I LOVE). Arkham Knight seems to provoke oddly different reactions - mostly revolving around the batmobile and tank mode - but I'm surprised I haven't heard more about the game. Loads of fun, lots of new gadgets, the bigger gameworld is more suited to the boosting & gliding... lots of interesting side-missions.

And while it's probably a bit darker/more serious than the other Arkham games, it's got some great humour in it. I love how the game often anticipates exactly what I'm about to try to do (or often, what I'm failing to try) and the characters have dialog/animations for it.

Reactions: Huntn

JaguarGod

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2010
Playing F1 Championship Edition on the ol' PS3 as it is still a great F1 game. I've also been playing the finally updated 'Afterpulse' on my Apple TV 4K. It only took 3 and a half years to get an update! But it's fantastic!

barbaraDveg

macrumors newbie
Jun 10, 2019
FarCry3

farcry3d3d1120121202142.png

It's a year old, but was on sale over the holidays, so I recently started FarCry3. What a great game! :) I have loved the open landscapes since the time I first saw it in a game, could it have been the original? See that mountain, climb that mountain, no screen loads required. I play on easy, because I don't think games like this are realistic, being able to take multiple shots and injecting stimulants to heal and keep going, but it's still fun and I like sneak'n through the grass and basically cruising through a game like this without sweating too much. Even on easy I've died a couple of times when I've gotten too complacent and one time attacked by a croc while swimming across a river.

The character animation is good and I love some of them such as the mohawked bad guy and the trip'n Dr Earnhardt are just too good. Definitely for adults, R rated violence, lots of F bombs, violence, and reported nudity, although I have yet to discover that yet.

A little irritated I've got to go find some bird to kill to craft a bigger wallet. I'm leaving lots of lot behind until I can find one. :rolleyes:

This trailer does a good job of selling the game: IGN Trailer.

This FarCry3 Wiki may be of help.
I dont consider far cry 3 old at all. Its a damn good game. Right now though, i am playing a lot of devil may cry, assassins creed series, boderlands 2 (you gotta prep for that Boderlands 3!) and of course warframe. Yeah warframe i tell you. and starcraft occasionally.

Reactions: Huntn and howiest

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
May 2019-
*Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines-
Just finished my 3rd play through in this game and i still love it! :D:D
* FarCry 3- I have no idea why I did not complete this game, but have restarted it and having a great time other than having to futze with it running in Windows compatibility mode to get it started.

* ARK:Survival Evolved- Trying to get back into some server action, while still keeping my solo game going. Solo, I've been working on expanding one of my bases, located in the Redwood forest on the Volcano Map into the trees.
* World of Warship$- Still a love/hate relationship. I'm a sucker for premium ships, but they try to make you buy, buy, buy! This game definitely has a pay to win element to it, buy buying flags and camo to give your ship advantages. While these things can be earned in game, usually you'll outpace the rate in which they earned.

I got about half way through Farcry 3 and the Windows 10 compatibility issues continued to plague me to such a point, the game was crashing to desktop on a save load, I threw in the towel with this game. I loved the island setting, it was fun except for that. :( I've moved onto Farcry 4 which does not have these issues.

Last edited:

Painter2002

macrumors 65816
May 9, 2017
Austin, TX
Decided to play the BioShock series for the first time on my newly built PC (got the series on sale from steam this week). Actually a pretty fun series so far (on BioShock 2).

Irishman

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2006
I'm presently playing through Rise of the Tomb Raider, using the GeForce Now beta on my iMac. I'm at about 46% of the way through.

So much more pleasant gameplay over the last one, the QuickTime events are nowhere near as frustrating as the prior game, and I don't die nearly as often, due to the glitchy controls.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I got about half way through Farcry 3 and the Windows 10 compatibility issues continued to plague me to such a point, the game was crashing to desktop on a save load, I threw in the towel with this game. I loved the island setting, it was fun except for that. :( I've moved onto Farcry 4 which does not have these issues.

July 2019- The mechanics of Farcry 4 are identical to Farcry 3, and I just lost interest. Although I was going strong with 3, due to technical issues, I did not finish it and 4 became been there done that, although it was a different setting.

63903889-1A09-41EE-91F5-55ABE2961618.jpeg
CBBE/BodySlide Mods
Far superior to vanilla F4 bodies​

• Fallout 4- replay. This is just as great the second time through. I’m using about 20 mods (see the Fallout 4 thread) including 2 noteworthy mods:
  1. The Sim Settlements- Rise of the Commonwealth Mod (https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/28599) is frick’n brilliant! This mod allows you to assign a city planner to each settlements and with or without your material donations (without slower, they will still build somethings bigger and better than you ever could using modded content, freeing you up to adventure. Your settlements feel alive and thriving instead of half-assed. At least mine felt that way. In other games, I am big into building, so I have no qualms about giving up building half-assed settlements. ;) I’ve often complained about F4’s junk yard settlement building. This mod, includes modded content, building settlements more more complex than the player could build on their own, taking the load off the player to develop each settlement yourself. I did all of that in my initial play through, and I was never happy with the results of any of my settlements. There is machinery and structures I’ve not seen in the vanilla game.
  2. Caliente’s Beautiful Body Enhancement Mod (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/2666) and including the BodySlide mod. You must be signed in to NexusMods to see adult content. I am using this primarily to put bathing suits on some of my Settlement citizens, but it does enable nudity and amount of control you have over body shape and qualities is impressive. However it is complex enough that you have to watch a video or two to figure it out. Tutorial video:
  • World of Warships- My Love/Hate relationship with this game continues. :) Sometimes it is wonderful and sometimes it SUCKS. I play exclusively Random Battles which can be hit and miss with quality of random teams. And I’ll tell you this, destroyers with 10 torpedo salvos is BS, severely undermining the realism of the game imo.
  • World of Warcraft Classic- Coming in Late August. You want to replay the original vanilla WoW levels 1-60? Now is your chance with updated graphics. Have an active Battlenet subscription and you can create 3 characters snagging your favorite names on the 12-13th, retail release is later in the month, 26th?

Last edited:
Reactions: Painter2002

txa1265

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2002
Corning, NY
I have been playing through Wolfenstein Youngblood on the Nintendo Switch (just got the Switch in May). Normally I would play on PC, but decided to give this a shot. Controls and overall experience is solid, but am not a fan of the lack of save-games or checkpoints or ... well, anything.

Painter2002

macrumors 65816
May 9, 2017
Austin, TX
I have been playing through Wolfenstein Youngblood on the Nintendo Switch (just got the Switch in May). Normally I would play on PC, but decided to give this a shot. Controls and overall experience is solid, but am not a fan of the lack of save-games or checkpoints or ... well, anything.
I've been seeing a fair amount of less than happy reviews on the game. From what I have been seeing it doesn't have as much depth to the story as the other Wolfenstein's and the open-world game aspect has changed alot of the quest structuring.

To be fair I have never played the previous two Wolfenstein games, but they are on my Steam account for playing soon (got a great bundle deal on Steam).

txa1265

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2002
Corning, NY
I've been seeing a fair amount of less than happy reviews on the game. From what I have been seeing it doesn't have as much depth to the story as the other Wolfenstein's and the open-world game aspect has changed alot of the quest structuring.

To be fair I have never played the previous two Wolfenstein games, but they are on my Steam account for playing soon (got a great bundle deal on Steam).

I keep hearing about this story stuff regarding the recent Wolfenstein games compared to Youngblood and having played every game in the series since ‘81 I just wonder ‘huh’? The plots have always been razor thin, and all I have seen recently is more overly-talky unskippable cutscenes :)

Youngblood is OK, but not worth even the $30 current price.

Painter2002

macrumors 65816
May 9, 2017
Austin, TX
I keep hearing about this story stuff regarding the recent Wolfenstein games compared to Youngblood and having played every game in the series since ‘81 I just wonder ‘huh’? The plots have always been razor thin, and all I have seen recently is more overly-talky unskippable cutscenes :)

Youngblood is OK, but not worth even the $30 current price.
LOL. Indeed this is true. I am guessing people aren’t liking it simply because it has some changes (co-op play) and micro transactions and the story is a scapegoat, but I can’t say since I haven’t played it.

Either way, I’ll wait til it goes on sale, in the meantime I have the other Wolfensteins to play first

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
Far Cry was always a fun game. I've only played the first one. Sadly, my current system is fairly dated now and popping in a 2080 would prove futile as there would be other bottlenecks, I'm sure. It's hard to find a modern game or one from the last few years that runs well on dual GTX 770s.

The last two games I remember buying were Battlefield 3 in 2011 and that coaster/theme park game last year.

txa1265

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2002
Corning, NY
So I finished Wolfenstein Youngblood ... and it is an abomination. Technically it looked nice, didn’t crash, and the core controls/gameplay all worked. That is as positive as I can get - and the reason you are seeing ~7/10 scores, because most reviewers don’t fully play games as we know, so the decent first impression of the airship opening mission is what sticks. It never gets better - and all the glaring issues only get worse.

Now playing Pillars of Eternity Complete on the Switch ... had played it on Mac & PC, loving getting back at it with a Wizard this time on Switch. Performance is very good, and the port is rock solid - and still love the game!

NikkoTuason

macrumors regular
Oct 2, 2018
Been switching between Assassins Creed Origins and Battlefield V. Then a few after I'm done if ever complete them.

Attachments

• ACO.png
    ACO.png
    7.5 MB · Views: 214
  • BFV.png
    BFV.png
    6.4 MB · Views: 259
  • Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    169.2 KB · Views: 186

Painter2002

macrumors 65816
May 9, 2017
Austin, TX
Been switching between Assassins Creed Origins and Battlefield V. Then a few after I'm done if ever complete them.
Just curious, how to you view all your games from the various clients in the same place like that?

BTW, how do you like Assassins Creed Origins? I just picked up a couple older Assassins Creed games and was thinking about getting Origins as well.

Painter2002

macrumors 65816
May 9, 2017
Austin, TX
Just finished Bioshock Infinite, had a blast getting into the game and it has a pretty compelling story. I was hesitant with the setting being so different than the previous two Bioshock but glad I finished it, the ending was probably one of the best I’ve seen in a game, personally.

Now trying to figure out if I want to start the newer Tomb Raider Trilogy, or go older and play Fallout 3/NV (Fallout 4 was one of my fav games), or the Metro Exodus trilogy. I know they are all older titles, but I started gaming late, lol. Pretty torn on what to play next, too many games, never enough time.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
August 2019:
  • Fallout 4- (PC) Did I say how much I am loving this game the second time through? I'm using a Mod called Sim Settlements with an addition called Rise of the Commonwealth, which will build settlements for you, neater settlements than I could build the first time through.
  • World of Warships- (PC)
  • WoW Classic! (Mac +PC)- This coming week).

Space Engineers. Best game! The game with huge open spaces. The best sandbox!
https://www.spaceengineersgame.com/
This is what I built in two hours, and right now I'm building a rocket to go into space for resources.
unknown.png
If you are Bootcamp or PC enabled, check out Empyrion Galactic Survival. No Mac version. :( It is superior to Space Engineers in just about every way. It is much less like Minecraft with a large variety of shaped blocks and allows you to build in a creative mode, has a workshop where you can upload your creations, and allows you download workshop items into your survival game when you have the required mats to build it. It also has amazing KICK ASS ship building capabilities:
There is also a thread in this forum: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/empyrion-galactic-survival.2125907/

7D9B08A80314167B510810FEB435B9AF93517DEA

Last edited:

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Oct 2019:
  • Fallout 4- Love this to death. ?
  • World of Warcraft Classic- Been there done that, not too hard, just too grindy adios. ?
  • Ark: Survival Evolved- Playing this solo on Volcano map. Still having fun wrangling dinos. ?
  • World of Warship- Still playing, still cursing. Destroyers that can launch 20 torps?? The most overboard game balancing strategy I’ve ever seen to make a destroyer equal to a battleship.?
  • Just Cause 2- Just loaded this up to play for the first time. Stay tuned! :)

wardie

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2008
Forza Horizon 4 and Motorsport 7 under Win10 Bootcamp using a Logitech G920 wheel. Works fab in 4K.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.