Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

estrides

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2012
New York
It could easily play angry birds...

Post the specs of the laptop and type of games your looking to play. Then I could offer you some critical help.

macbook pro i5

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 13, 2011
New Zealand
It could easily play angry birds...

Post the specs of the laptop and type of games your looking to play. Then I could offer you some critical help.

8GB of RAM dual core i5 2.3 ghz getting SSD soon and only the integrated HD 3000 graphics chip,I do want to play first person shooters and already play call of duty modern warefare and minecraft.

estrides

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2012
New York
Well, everything is pretty good, but that HD integrated graphics are really going to choke your performance in any game. Not too sure spec wise how well certain games will run though. Hopefully another kind soul will chime in with some expertise.

macbook pro i5

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 13, 2011
New Zealand
Well, everything is pretty good, but that HD integrated graphics are really going to choke your performance in any game. Not too sure spec wise how well certain games will run though. Hopefully another kind soul will chime in with some expertise.
Yeah thats the only thing I hate about my Mac:(

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
A Macboom Pro?...Did I miss something?:eek: Is there a new refresh...:D

A lot of games will run on your machine...Bioshock is one that runs well on my 17" It's not new, but it's a good port. The second game has also recently been ported over too...

The-Pro

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2010
Germany
it can handle all games that support the integrated graphics chip. Question in just at what settings the games can be run

koolmagicguy

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2012
New York
On boot camp of course

I have a 13" MBP and I play Batman: Arkham Asylum, CoD 4: Modern Warfare, RAGE, Quake 4, Company of Heroes and a bunch of other FPS games. I got them all from the Mac App Store but if you use Bootcamp I don't think it'll make a difference performance wise seeing as how the CPU is the same. Hope that helps.

macbook pro i5

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 13, 2011
New Zealand
I have a 13" MBP and I play Batman: Arkham Asylum, CoD 4: Modern Warfare, RAGE, Quake 4, Company of Heroes and a bunch of other FPS games. I got them all from the Mac App Store but if you use Bootcamp I don't think it'll make a difference performance wise seeing as how the CPU is the same. Hope that helps.

hey thanks:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.