Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

retta283

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 8, 2018
Most that still browse the iPod forum are collectors, but what iPod(s) do you actually use regularly? What model and generation?

Personally, I mostly use my 3rd and 4th gen Nanos, I feel safer using them over my Classics due to flash storage. Sadly the batteries are getting worn, and some other issues are cropping up. Looking at getting a replacement soon, but not sure what model to choose. I also use my 2nd gen Shuffle sometimes, just throw it on and play some random tracks.

parker5011

macrumors regular
May 17, 2018
Most that still browse the iPod forum are collectors, but what iPod(s) do you actually use regularly? What model and generation?

Personally, I mostly use my 3rd and 4th gen Nanos, I feel safer using them over my Classics due to flash storage. Sadly the batteries are getting worn, and some other issues are cropping up. Looking at getting a replacement soon, but not sure what model to choose. I also use my 2nd gen Shuffle sometimes, just throw it on and play some random tracks.

The new iPod touch is nice and fast. My nieces have them and they are as fast as my moms iPhone 7+.

Reactions: mikehalloran

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Using the 7th generation Nano. It can be sluggish at times - Notably with lyrics not popping up and sometimes it goes to the next track but doesn't update it in the player. The battery capacity is still good though. I don't have any Bluetooth devices, but you still get great time with the local audiobooks/music/podcasts and radio. Helps that I can charge it with my iPhone dock too.

tkermit

macrumors 68040
Feb 20, 2004
My daily driver:

ipod.png

Slix

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2010
I use my 4th gen iPod Classic with the 64 GB SD card inside in my car and on speakers in the house sometimes. I also use my 6th gen nano and 4th gen shuffle a lot for clip-on players when I go for walks. Recently I pulled my nano out and my volume up button appears to be stuck down. :( Luckily volume works from EarPods. I try to use all my other iPods here and there, but I have so many and a bunch have poor batteries so they don't get a lot of undocked usage for very long.

russell_314

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2019
USA
I didn't think anyone still used an iPod. I have an old iPod that I take out when I'm feeling nostalgic. It looks like a classic but pretty sure it was before they called them that. I still remember the iPod I had before that. It was one with the separate buttons. I wish I still had it

Reactions: PowerBookG4Enjoyer

theramod

macrumors member
Dec 2, 2015
I have an old iPod Shuffle 3rd gen 4GB in my drawer that my stepfather gave me. I don't use it anymore but it still runs and looks very good.

Strangedream

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2019
London, UK
iPod Classic 6th gen 120GB almost everyday since October 2008 and it's still going strong.
I still have my old iPod 3rd gen 40GB but the battery is nearly completely depleted :(

Reactions: TokMok3

RoninBarber

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2019
I currently use a 32GB IPod touch 6th gen. I’m kinda bummed it won’t be getting iOS 13.

iAssimilated

Contributor
Apr 29, 2018
the PNW
I use a 2nd gen Nano (8GB) everyday at work. I couldn’t live without it! Of course the battery could be better, it needs to be charged after two to three days of constant use, but luckily I am usually by my computer for juice.

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
I have a bunch of iPods that I still use. For audio, mostly 2nd gen nanos... and some shuffles. For assorted old TV shows that I sometimes half-watch while minding something on the stove, I keep a couple of those red and black U2 iPods parked on the microwave and stick one of them in a speakerdock for the occasion. Nothing like the bright Florida colors of some CSI:Miami episode in the kitchen of an upstate NY house in winter...

tibas92013

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2013
Costa Rica
On a daily basis use both of my iPod Touch 5th and 7th Generations. When it is bedtime I break-out my iPod touch 7th Generation to listen to a podcast or Internet Radio for a half-hour or so.

irishtike

macrumors member
Mar 9, 2011
5th gem Touch at work, 5th gen U2 in the car. 1st gen mini at home. but these are all rotated out for a 4th gen, monocromatic, also a 2nd gen nano red, and even a 7th gen gets used on trips (holds the most stuff)

Scoot65

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2017
England, United Kingdom
I regularly use my 2nd gen 20GB iPod and 5th gen 60GB iPod when in the car and 5th gen 32 GB iPod touch in my house.

The 2nd Gen 20GB is bar far my favourite, I still love the design.

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
I keep my 3rd gen Touch attached in my car.

My 5th gen Touch (damaged connector) and 6th gen Touch (will not hold a charge) are sitting gathering dust.

staggerlee41

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
I have a G6 Touch 12GB as the media hub in my vechile--literally my daily driver. I have a few Nanos, an original shuffle, and a Classic in the collection. Of all of them, the Classic is my absolute favorite.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.