Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

levmc

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 18, 2019
Which glass screen protector do you think is the best? I noticed some have better smoother feel than others.

kingston73

macrumors 65816
Dec 23, 2015
The absolute best I've used has been bodyguardz. If you sign up with them you get a discount and they give you a lifetime replacement. They are the only brand I've used (I've used a LOT and installed them on 3 different phones) that have always been trouble free installing, no bubbles or any issues.

Ta0jin

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2011
Maryland
I’m using the spigen glas tr and it’s great but I’m switching back to the film style protector. Nothing against the spigen I just prefer the film style.

Pbwj

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2018
Do any of these have the similar feel as the original iPhone screen? I just purchased the TETHYS Glass Screen Protector but the screen is so slippery and doesn't seem to be sensitive to my touch.

jahall05

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2013
Has anyone used Flolab? I just ordered one and curious what to expect

This tech reviewer on YouTube claims FloLab to be the VERY best protector you can buy. He also claims they were the most open to answering his questions on how they make them and what they make them out of.

Here is his review:

Rodneyp

macrumors member
Jan 7, 2019
Whitestone Dome is absolutely the best screen protector I have found. It is a process to put it on, but well worth the effort if you are OCD about your screen. I have found most glass screen protectors will lift in places on the edges driving me nuts, but the whitestone dome doesn’t do this if applied correctly. I have had people use my phone and not realize there is a screen protector on it.

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
I’m using the spigen glas tr and it’s great but I’m switching back to the film style protector. Nothing against the spigen I just prefer the film style.

I have only ever used film. What made you consider a switch back to film?

Ta0jin

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2011
Maryland
I have only ever used film. What made you consider a switch back to film?
I switched back because I like the low profile look as if I don’t have anything on my screen and the film style I get icarez HD has an oleophobic coating on it. Glass was fine but just too noticeable on the screen.

Reactions: macintoshmac

Paco II

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2009
Can you share some photos? I've never seen film SP that wasn't very noticeable, much more so than glass.

I switched back because I like the low profile look as if I don’t have anything on my screen and the film style I get icarez HD has an oleophobic coating on it. Glass was fine but just too noticeable on the screen.

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
Can you share some photos? I've never seen film SP that wasn't very noticeable, much more so than glass.

I have used Spigen film protectors for the longest time. Back in the times of 4s and 5, I have used some other brand, completely forgetting it now. But I can vouch for Spigen film protectors.

Only, after so many years, I want to see what the "glass" is all about, versus film.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.