Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jcmwwe

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 11, 2013
Hi I was wondering what mice work good and r compatible with a iPad 7th generation? What r good models that work? I had read some don’t work good with the iPad. This is a Christmas gift so I appreciate any help. Thanks.

retta283

Suspended
Jun 8, 2018
I'd assume that anything that needs a USB dongle for transmission is off the table. I know that the Apple Magic Mouse will work though. Any other bluetooth mouse that doesn't use a dongle should work.

Jcmwwe

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 11, 2013
I'd assume that anything that needs a USB dongle for transmission is off the table. I know that the Apple Magic Mouse will work though. Any other bluetooth mouse that doesn't use a dongle should work.
Any Bluetooth mouse will work? R u using one? Thanks.

retta283

Suspended
Jun 8, 2018
Any Bluetooth mouse will work? R u using one? Thanks.
I've only used the Magic Mouse with an iPad (which is a Bluetooth mouse) but I can be close to certain that any mouse with the iPad bluetooth spec should work fine. Keep in mind that any extra programmable buttons on mice will not work.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
I don't know what voodoo Logitech is using but the M720 Triathlon is working marvelously. I can speed scroll using its scroll wheel on iPadOS unlike other mice I've used. Quite affordable right now, too ($23 BF pricing live now).

JayMysterio

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
I upgraded from my Logitech MX Master mouse to the MXS 2. So the MX Master has been used with iPP with absolutely no issues. It's nice being able to dedicate a button just for home, and have a button or two for other things.

augustya

Suspended
Feb 17, 2012
So Guys but if you try and use a mouse on the iPad Pro does the mouse provide with you all the gestures and things that you can do with your fingers ? Does using Mouse have the same functionality as using the iPad with the finger gestures ?

Smici

macrumors regular
Apr 11, 2019
So Guys but if you try and use a mouse on the iPad Pro does the mouse provide with you all the gestures and things that you can do with your fingers ? Does using Mouse have the same functionality as using the iPad with the finger gestures ?
Well, almost, is great for surfing the web, but you can’t use pinch to zoom of course

JayMysterio

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
So all you can do is just click on Apps that's it and scroll webpages with the mouse thats it !!
Or you could just watch the many videos made by people using BT mice in iPad OS, showing how to connect, what it can do, what it can't do, and decide if you want to take the plunge yourself & see if it works for you.

Hustler

macrumors 6502
May 31, 2010
If the iPad is asleep but open on a desk in a stand or something, can you wake it by moving the mouse?

augustya

Suspended
Feb 17, 2012
Yes on both counts though I don't know if there is time limit after which it would not - I just tried a few minutes on both manual and autolock.

So you are saying if the iPad is auto Locked if the mouse is moved it gets the user in ?

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
So you are saying if the iPad is auto Locked if the mouse is moved it gets the user in ?
Not in to full access - it wakes it to the lock screen.
[automerge]1575733523[/automerge]
Yes on both counts though I don't know if there is time limit after which it would not - I just tried a few minutes on both manual and autolock.

Interesting - trying it a few more time and sometimes mouse movement does not wake it but a single mouse click will.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.