Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LeeW

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 5, 2017
Over here
Despite it being so bad for my big hands I have used the Magic Mouse for years, the gestures! It's always been about the gestures! But with spending so much time on Windows I want something that works well on both Windows and Mac.

To be honest, it's a great time to get away from the Magic Mouse and learn to live without the gestures, I feel pain after a a few hours using it.

I am thinking about the Logitech MX Master 2s, I know there is a 3rd version but not sure it is worth almost double what I can get the 2s for.

Any thoughts welcome, let me know what you are using and why.

Reactions: Never mind

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I'm just using a generic MS mouse, does the job well enough. I'm not a serious gamer or a creative professional who may benefit from a high-end mouse.

Reactions: LeeW and Never mind

Queen6

macrumors G4
Microsoft Precision & Alienware AW959. MS mouse flips seamlessly between computers (BT) and the AW959 is pretty much all you want from a wired mouse, lot of customisation without the gimmicks. You just need to use the older SW installation package as the latest is too intrusive, well for my liking.

For me a good quality mouse can and does make a difference, ideally I'd like the best of both mice in a single package. May look at the new Razer Viper and see how it fairs for productivity. To me is well worth investing in a good mouse if for no other reason than the ergonomics, here the MS Precision excels, AW959 is a little too flat although it does have adjustable side pieces for feel and number of command buttons. AW959 also has length adjustment.

Prefer the less intrusive nature of Microsoft's SW package, versus Dell's especially the later versions. At home I tend to use the AW959 more, on the road the Precision most as it's an excellent productivity mouse that wirelessly switches between systems.

Q-6

Last edited:
Reactions: LeeW

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
Logitech Mx master 3 at home.
logitech Mx anywhere 2s for mobile
logitech Mx master 2s at both work offices

LeeW

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 5, 2017
Over here
I ordered the MX Master 2S, it's out for delivery, 3 stops away according to Amazon. There is just something I like about its size and functionality.

TopherMan12

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2019
Atlanta, GA
I have the MX Master 3. Great mouse. I almost ordered the 2S, but I needed the Flow functionality of the 3 to move between Windows and Mac. I don't think there is much difference otherwise so overall I think you are getting a great mouse.

Reactions: BigMcGuire and LeeW

PhoenixDown

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2012
I have a Logitech MX (maybe 1st or 2nd gen, was a few years ago). Absolutely love it. Bought a second one for my work laptop

LeeW

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 5, 2017
Over here
Just arrived, see this is one image sums up the issue with the Magic Mouse for me. No idea how I have tolerated it for so long.

Attachments

• IMG_7671.jpg
    IMG_7671.jpg
    391.6 KB · Views: 232
Reactions: TopherMan12

TopherMan12

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2019
Atlanta, GA
Just arrived, see this is one image sums up the issue with the Magic Mouse for me. No idea how I have tolerated it for so long.

Despise the Magic Mouse myself. Horrible ergonomics. My wife uses one and she likes it. Maybe fine for her small hands, but I need something to grip. MX series is perfect for me.

LeeW

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 5, 2017
Over here
Just got sucked into the gestures, but the reality is the MX master can do all the Magic Mouse can, the button under the thumb for launchpad, vertical scroller to switch between desktops and so on.

Just feels so good to use after just minutes of use.

PhoenixDown

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2012
Since this post, I've been looking more at the MX3. I really like that it can support multiple pc's/tablets and you can just switch between them. Great for road warriors who have a laptop & a tablet and want to switch between both without carrying extra gear.

TopherMan12

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2019
Atlanta, GA
Since this post, I've been looking more at the MX3. I really like that it can support multiple pc's/tablets and you can just switch between them. Great for road warriors who have a laptop & a tablet and want to switch between both without carrying extra gear.

It really works well. I use it on three computers at home (Mac, gaming PC, and work laptop). Has some cool tech in the software that makes it fairly seamless moving between computers. Most of it doesn't really work for my scenario, but for people who have computers side by side, I can see how it would work extremely well.

Also for very well with the MX Keys keyboard.

Reactions: PhoenixDown

LeeW

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 5, 2017
Over here
24 hours in, really happy with the MX 2S, paired easily with Windows and macOS and very customizable, I have my key gestures I thought only the MM could do best all setup and so much better to use than the MM, well maybe not as it was just swipes and taps but I get no pain from the MX 2S after the same time using the MM.

Reactions: PhoenixDown

Queen6

macrumors G4
Apple's Magic Mouse is a disaster ergonomically, bought one in the past induces pain in the hand after any prolonged usage, long since in the landfill. Terrible design, focusing on form over function for a device that's intrinsic to the control of the computer unacceptable...

Q-6

Last edited:
Reactions: someoldguy

TheSkywalker77

macrumors 68030
Sep 9, 2017
I'm using a Razer Naga Chroma. I love the buttons on the side that can be configured to virtually any action on your computer. Plus it's nice for the occasional gaming I'll do.

LeeW

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 5, 2017
Over here
Apple's Magic Mouse is a disaster ergonomically, bought one in the past induces pain in the hand after any prolonged usage, long since in the landfill. Terrible design, focusing on form over function for a device that's intrinsic to the control of the computer unacceptable...

I always knew it, just somehow stuck with it for so many years.

Silvestru Hosszu

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2016
Europe
Mx Master first gen. Excellent mouse and it works like a charm after almost 3 years of use.
When it dies,I`ll buy whatever its equivalent will be.
For mobile use - microsoft arc touch (rarely use it).

soulreaver99

macrumors 68040
Aug 15, 2010
Southern California
MX Master 2S at home and I have the MX Anywhere 2 in my laptop bag to take on the go and for my office at work. Both mice are connected to my 13-inch MacBook Pro, MSI GS65 gaming laptop and my iPad Pro.

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
I have the Logitech MX Anywhere 2. The battery is starting to not hold charge. Looking into the MX Master 3. Let me know what you guys think.

Just got myself the Logitech MX Anywhere 2. For whatever reason at home it lags on Bluetooth unless I use the receiver. At work - no problems and ... switches well to my HP windows laptop.

I prefer my Magic Mouse 2 (with BetterTouchTool) for gestures at home tho.

KarmaRocket

macrumors 6502
Jan 4, 2009
Brooklyn, NY
Just got myself the Logitech MX Anywhere 2. For whatever reason at home it lags on Bluetooth unless I use the receiver. At work - no problems and ... switches well to my HP windows laptop.

I prefer my Magic Mouse 2 (with BetterTouchTool) for gestures at home tho.

There's a newer version MX Anywhere 2S. With an "S" That might have better bluetooth connectivity. You might have some other wireless devices interfering with it. I've had some issues where I lose connection with the MX Anywhere 2, but I always thought it was due to the battery. Maybe it was something else.

Magic Mouse 2 might work better in the Apple eco system. I just never got comfortable using it for long periods. Kind of hurt my wrist at times.

Reactions: BigMcGuire
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.