Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nichlaspro

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 21, 2015
hi again!!

Shall you something special according to the app store review process if your app requires network??

Like giving apple some info...?

Because they could say that it's a bug right?

Just ask for me info if you feel so!

Thanks!!!!!!!

firewood

macrumors G3
Jul 29, 2003
Silicon Valley
An app can't lock up or become unresponsive, even with no network connection or even in Airplane mode, or Apple will reject it. You have to design your app appropriately.

nichlaspro

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 21, 2015
An app can't lock up or become unresponsive, even with no network connection or even in Airplane mode, or Apple will reject it. You have to design your app appropriately.

How did games like Clash of Clans and all those sort of games then come out successfully to the App Store????

----------

Also, you might want to look into setting UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities to include wifi and/or UIRequiresPersistentWiFi.

iOS Keys

Will that make a different, do apple want to say that's it's a bug if my app can't run as it should without net?? If I do what you have suggested?

AND, thanks both of you!!!!!

firewood

macrumors G3
Jul 29, 2003
Silicon Valley
If the "Try again" button works, then the UI isn't locked up and the app hasn't crashed.

Although it might be better if some help screen or contact developer button also worked.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.