Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
OK, finally (and just) found out when Season 5 of Better Call Saul will premiere. It's Sunday, February 23rd, on AMC:

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a29861964/better-call-saul-season-5-premiere-date/

FINALLY! I am also keeping on eye on 3 others:

Cobra Kai Season 3
Ozark Season 3
Fargo Season 4

Also, note what Rhea Seehorn says at the end of that link:

Rhea Seehorn, who plays Kim Wexler, recently teased: "There will be six seasons. It seems like that's the way, the comfortable way, to end this show."

Cool!

Last edited:

pachyderm

macrumors G3
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
OK, finally (and just) found out when Season 5 of Better Call Saul will premiere. It's Sunday, February 23rd, on AMC:

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a29861964/better-call-saul-season-5-premiere-date/

FINALLY! I am also keeping on eye on 3 others:

Cobra Kai Season 3
Ozark Season 3
Fargo Season 4

Also, note what Rhea Seehorn says at the end of that link:

Rhea Seehorn, who plays Kim Wexler, recently teased: "There will be six seasons. It seems like that's the way, the comfortable way, to end this show."

Cool!

lol

Cool.

This is the "movie" thread though...

I do have to go back and make sure Im caught on season 4 of "Saul".

Reactions: Huntn
I'm watching Season 4 of Better Call Saul right now, and I just completed Episode 3. Also just completed watching both seasons of Ozark.
[automerge]1574622074[/automerge]
lol

Cool.

This is the "movie" thread though...

I do have to go back and make sure Im caught on season 4 of "Saul".
No, it's the "What's on TV thread", and Better Call Saul is on TV.

jeyf

macrumors 68020
Jan 20, 2009
started watching "His Dark Materials"
and
watching "Mrs. Fletcher"

both are good.

Last edited:

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
With the AI discussion over here today, I had to re-watch Star Trek: The Next Generation episode, "The Measure of a Man" earlier.
When Data resigns his commission rather than be dismantled for examination by an inadequately skilled scientist, a formal hearing is convened to determine whether Data is considered property without rights or is a sentient being.

MV5BZTdjYTg4NTMtYTk3YS00YWRiLWE0ODgtYmE4ODEzNjM3Y2Q2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzQ2MDUxMTg@._V1_.jpg

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
OK now I'm gonna have to get serious about Star Trek. Has kept falling off my radar all these years.
You’ve not watched it? :eek:;)
[automerge]1575160625[/automerge]
With the AI discussion over here today, I had to re-watch Star Trek: The Next Generation episode, "The Measure of a Man" earlier.

View attachment 880120
One of many excellent stories in this show. What is interesting in the science fiction realm is how biological computers feel they have the edge over mechanical comouters. ;) It’s the old does it have consciousness or is it just a computer running its program?

Last edited:

jeyf

macrumors 68020
Jan 20, 2009
has anyone watched "See" yet?

imdb:
Far in a dystopian future, the human race has lost the sense of sight, and society has had to find new ways to interact, build, hunt, and to survive. All of that is challenged when a set of twins is born with sight.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
No.... I know, I know... it's a character defect I keep meaning to correct. ;)
Although it is recommended you start at the beginning, it is episodic vs serial, so each episode is stand alone however, there are significant story elements that are carried though such as Q, one of the most favorite characters in the series, the Traveler, the maturing of Wesley Crusher, and other (favorite) characters, who make multiple appearances or story elements that are carried forward, though out the course of the series.

8C8D6346-A4A0-48FE-A032-A336474832D7.jpeg

I’ve said this before, but what is amazing is how they can tell a primary story, with a sub-plot in 45 minutes. If you have a Amazon Prime subscription, it is included.

Reactions: SandboxGeneral

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Recently, kind of recently both Anne of Green Gables (Netflix)and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (Prime) hit with new seasons. Will be consuming shortly. I also got a wild hair and purchased the one and only Season 1 of Firefly (tv) and Serenity (movie), both inexpensive.

A32503CC-CD2F-489A-B34C-F7A918F5CE60.jpeg

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
No.... I know, I know... it's a character defect I keep meaning to correct. ;)

Did you not watch the original series (TOS) from the 60s either? Or are you just talking about Next Generation?

I'll have to peek into the current events area, but D.C. Fontana, famous TV writer, author, really a pioneer in the sci-fi genre for women, just passed away a few days ago.

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
Did you not watch the original series (TOS) from the 60s either? Or are you just talking about Next Generation?

I'll have to peek into the current events area, but D.C. Fontana, famous TV writer, author, really a pioneer in the sci-fi genre for women, just passed away a few days ago.

Somehow I have managed to watch neither... proving it's possible to live in a cave for DECADES on end!

I do remember seeing a couple episodes of a crime series that Fontana wrote for back in the 70s: Streets of San Francisco. I know that doesn't redeem me in the eyes of sci fi fans though!

Just completed watching Season 1 of "Project Blue Book":

https://www.history.com/shows/project-blue-book

Well done, and I'll most likely watch it again, probably close to when Season 2 starts.

Also, an interesting tidbit about the "real" J. Allen Hynek:

https://www.history.com/news/j-allen-hynek-ufos-project-blue-book

Note about 3/4 of the way down in that article, it states:

"The most dramatic of Hynek’s classifications, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, would, of course, become the title of a Steven Spielberg movie released in 1977. O'Connell reports that Hynek was paid $1,000 for the use of the title, another $1,000 for the rights to use stories from the book and $1,500 for three days of technical consulting—hardly a windfall by Hollywood standards. He also had a brief cameo in the film, playing an awestruck scientist when the alien craft comes into close view"

I've always liked most of the movies Spielberg has made, and "Close Encounters of the Third KInd" was one of his best.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.