Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
We're finally beginning to have normal nights sleep now. Granted, my idea of sleep has always been... strange, I suppose.

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
My sleep has always been limited. As a kid, I’d stay up with my dad to watch Star Trek The Original Series, which was on after Cheers and Hunter late in the morning. When I started dating, my wife (then girlfriend), was in a +3 hour time zone and I would stay up till 1am and then wake up to go to work at 4am. Did this for 4+ years (not every night).

I feel rested on 5-6 hours of sleep but I’m an INCREDIBLY light sleeper - any noise wakes me up - even a pet gerbil playing with a candy wrapper wakes me up. So I sleep with ear plugs (and have for the last 3+ years).

Now that I’m working a desk job, heavier than I’ve ever been, and stressed out the wazoo, my sleep is really bad. I’ll get 2 hours 2 nights in a row sometimes - lucky to get 6 hours of sleep. I find that eating past 6pm usually results in a bad night’s sleep due to heartburn and insomnia.

6 hours of sleep feels like the best sleep ever and I wake up with so much energy. My body won’t let me sleep past 6 hours. Usually average 5.5 hours of sleep a night with a few nights at 2 hours (more lately now than ever).

Time to start getting back in shape and not eating so late. Back when I was in better shape (2 years ago) - could get 6 hours of sleep every night without a problem. I was also 20-30 pounds lighter.

Reactions: 0388631

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
My sleep has always been limited. As a kid, I’d stay up with my dad to watch Star Trek The Original Series, which was on after Cheers and Hunter late in the morning. When I started dating, my wife (then girlfriend), was in a +3 hour time zone and I would stay up till 1am and then wake up to go to work at 4am. Did this for 4+ years (not every night).

I feel rested on 5-6 hours of sleep but I’m an INCREDIBLY light sleeper - any noise wakes me up - even a pet gerbil playing with a candy wrapper wakes me up. So I sleep with ear plugs (and have for the last 3+ years).

Now that I’m working a desk job, heavier than I’ve ever been, and stressed out the wazoo, my sleep is really bad. I’ll get 2 hours 2 nights in a row sometimes - lucky to get 6 hours of sleep. I find that eating past 6pm usually results in a bad night’s sleep due to heartburn and insomnia.

6 hours of sleep feels like the best sleep ever and I wake up with so much energy. My body won’t let me sleep past 6 hours. Usually average 5.5 hours of sleep a night with a few nights at 2 hours (more lately now than ever).

Time to start getting back in shape and not eating so late. Back when I was in better shape (2 years ago) - could get 6 hours of sleep every night without a problem. I was also 20-30 pounds lighter.
Don't be surprised if you find yourself sleeping more once you lose that weight. There's a small window of weight gain before your sleep quality is hampered as a result.

Reactions: BigMcGuire
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.