Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macfilm

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 11, 2007
Hi, I've downloaded the new WhatsApp desktop app for Mavericks and every time I attempt to open it, it just crashes and I get a crash report. Anyone else suffering this issue?

Thanks

(10.9.5, iMac)

Reactions: grahamperrin

asoksevil

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2010
London, UK
Yeah, you are not alone.

I have already reported it to them. They are aware of the issue and will push a fix in the upcoming weeks (no ETA.)

Anyway, FWIW, it was just a wrapper, pretty much the same thing Franz app does.

Reactions: grahamperrin

macfilm

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 11, 2007
Yeah, you are not alone.

I have already reported it to them. They are aware of the issue and will push a fix in the upcoming weeks (no ETA.)

Anyway, FWIW, it was just a wrapper, pretty much the same thing Franz app does.
OK cool, thank you

Bireli

macrumors newbie
May 20, 2016
Hi, I had the same problem; I've reported the issue to whatsapp support; at first they didn't understand nothing and I received an automatic message with some stupid indication; then they wrote me that "
We are aware of the issue, and we are doing our best to improve WhatsApp in a future update.

Unfortunately, we cannot comment on any future timelines, sorry" So I think the fixing probably won't arrive...

sultanmakende

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2012
Salvador, Bahia, Brazil
Hi, I had the same problem; I've reported the issue to whatsapp support; at first they didn't understand nothing and I received an automatic message with some stupid indication; then they wrote me that "
We are aware of the issue, and we are doing our best to improve WhatsApp in a future update.

Unfortunately, we cannot comment on any future timelines, sorry" So I think the fixing probably won't arrive...
[doublepost=1542475435][/doublepost]Same is happening to me.
I cured it for a short time by going back 24 hours via time machine backup, to when all was still okay.
But it has started happening again.
It was working fine again up to when I shut down last night.
This morning, I started up my mac mini and the same crash is happening again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.