Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Jaffa Cake said:
I would imagine they're probably holding off until Tiger – at which point, if I remember correctly, iSync is going to be discontinued and its functions integrated more heavily into the OS and .mac.

According to Steve's keynote this is correct. It is supposed to come out with Tiger and be more part of a .Mac sync than anything.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Jaffa Cake said:
I would imagine they're probably holding off until Tiger – at which point, if I remember correctly, iSync is going to be discontinued and its functions integrated more heavily into the OS and .mac.
Actually iSyncmay nto be gone. Yes, they integrated .Mac Sync preferences into the system preferences, but they didn't add anything sync prefs for cells phones, iPods, etc - so iSync will probably be around to configure and control syncing with those devices.

tersono

macrumors 68000
Jan 18, 2005
UK
The next version of iSync will ship with Tiger. There's still the standalone app in the applications directory, but many featurs have been integrated into the OS (and certain apps) rather more closely than we've seen before. It's working very well in the dev seeds...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.