Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
Hi,

so I’m wondering there’s gotta he a website where I can download movies for free. I don’t want illegal torrents or anything illegal. Just to be able to download high quality videos. Movies specifically.

I know streaming sites are legal but during the weekdays I’m in a part of town with bad LTE and no WiFi.

yes I know I can download movies for offline use from places such as NetFlix and Disney Plus but that’s not what I mean here.

if something like this is available please let me know.

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca

Attachments

• 4784C04B-563B-4382-A332-243F508F9D02.jpeg
    4784C04B-563B-4382-A332-243F508F9D02.jpeg
    160.4 KB · Views: 201
Reactions: rhett7660

TheMountainLife

macrumors regular
May 24, 2015
Can you can walk out of a store without paying for a BluRay or RedBox disc?

The words, "free", "movies" and "legal" won't get you far online either.

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
free legal movies are available from streaming just by googling them.

All of the free legal streaming movies have ads in them.

That's why you will not see a place where you can legally download movies for free.

yes I know I can download movies for offline use from places such as NetFlix and Disney Plus but that’s not what I mean here.

I was initially going to suggest this and it would also include content purchased on iTunes.

This is your best bet but the content is not free.

decafjava

macrumors 603
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva
On a related note, if anybody knows where I can get cocaine (NOT illegally), please lemme know.
Find a DeLorean with a nutty fellow who resembles Rick from Rick and Morty, or a blue British police box with - any weirdly dressed person calling themselves "the Doctor".

Head back to late 19th to early 20th century America and try this beverage:

Grab a Coke and a smile

Coca-Cola-original-recipe-with-cocaine-1885.webp

Reactions: AngerDanger

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL

Right, so streaming services allow you to download, or you can purchase - still technically sort of a "stream" - and download those movies as well (ex: iTunes).

If the movie is not some kind of public domain content, it has an associated cost. You buy it, you rent it, you view through a service, but there's _nowhere_ it's available for free. If there's a site, that has Avengers Endgame, or One Upon a Time in Hollywood - and it's providing it as a file based, no cost download ... that's illegal.

Not sure why this is a difficult concept, if you want copyrighted content, for free, as a download, that's legal, it doesn't exist.

Why not just get a Netflix, Prime, etc., account and download content day to day? The monthly isn't even all that expensive for one service.

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
Hi,

so I’m wondering there’s gotta he a website where I can download movies for free. I don’t want illegal torrents or anything illegal. Just to be able to download high quality videos. Movies specifically.

I know streaming sites are legal but during the weekdays I’m in a part of town with bad LTE and no WiFi.

if something like this is available please let me know.
Check your local library and accompanying library apps on iOS or websites

Reactions: maxjohnson2

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Check your local library and accompanying library apps on iOS or websites

Oh yeah, mentioned this one in another thread: Hoopla Digital, connects with your local library card number, free, etc., no idea about the movie content, but the books (and comic) options are outstanding.

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Right, so streaming services allow you to download, or you can purchase - still technically sort of a "stream" - and download those movies as well (ex: iTunes).

If the movie is not some kind of public domain content, it has an associated cost. You buy it, you rent it, you view through a service, but there's _nowhere_ it's available for free. If there's a site, that has Avengers Endgame, or One Upon a Time in Hollywood - and it's providing it as a file based, no cost download ... that's illegal.

Not sure why this is a difficult concept, if you want copyrighted content, for free, as a download, that's legal, it doesn't exist.

Why not just get a Netflix, Prime, etc., account and download content day to day? The monthly isn't even all that expensive for one service.
Can you download stuff from Netflix or just stream it?

decafjava

macrumors 603
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva
Can you download stuff from Netflix or just stream it?
I think it works like Spotify or Apple Music where you can download for offline use as long as your subscription is active.

Ahh I see @D.T. already answered. Handy if you take your iPad on a long trip.

Reactions: Huntn
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.