Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Love

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 20, 2007
Just southeast of Northwestshire
I'm trying to Pwn my iPod touch(it's not a frickin iTouch) and my 1.1.2 downloads keep getting corrupted. iTunes has a fresh downloaded iPod 1.1.4 software file, but I can't find it. Where does iTunes save it?

opivy1218

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2008
Mac or Windows? For either, I think you just plug in your iPod, go to the tab with Check for Update and Restore, and press Option+Restore ( or or Shift+restore). From there in should open a folder with the name , and if on windows I think even shows you the exact route of the folders. Hope that helped.

djjoja

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2008
if ure on a windows, : First set the option to view all hidden files..Then.. My PC, Local Disk (C:),Documents and Settings, Double Click on the USER that ure logged into, then Program Details, Apple Computer, iTunes, iPod Software Updates..ull have all of them there..
cya

sambid123sameer

macrumors newbie
Mar 14, 2013
hey my name is Sameer.I found a new way to see where the iTunes download files are located..

click the windows button and then R.
then type in %APPDATA% and click ok.
then go to apple computer and that's it you found all of your files.
THANKYOU

Keyhan

macrumors newbie
Aug 21, 2014
On Mac, you can delete the iOS firmware by going to Finder, pressing ⌘ + ⇧ + G and go to ~/Library/iTunes/iPod Software Updates.

For iPhone or iPad just change iPod Software update to iPhone/iPad Software update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.