Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Moakesy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2013
UK
I’m looking to sell me Sony gear and am frustrated by the options. I feel like there must be a dedicated site, but I can’t find one. Google searches haven’t worked so far.

So far I’ve tried

- Facebook marketplace. Loads of time wasters or people making silly offers.
- eBay. Used this before but paying approx £300 to sell makes it less attractive.
- Wex photographic. Made a silly offer (55% of what they sell it for).

im not looking for any magic bullet of high price for no fees, I just want something that will attract serious buyers.

Sebct

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2010
London, UK.
I've gotten reasonable prices selling camera gear on 'Shpock' - seems to be less crap and scammers than gumtree, though I do have a sensitive nose to African Princes.

Also any photog forums that you're part of have a classifieds? Seems to be safest option in my experience and usually gets the best prices.

Reactions: Moakesy

Hughmac

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2012
Kent, UK
If you're a regular seller on eBay they often send out "Sell for £1" offers - maximum selling fees of £1, and I usually hold onto all my stuff until then. You need to check your messages on eBay regularly as they don't send offers out by email.

Cheers :)

Hugh

Reactions: Donka and Moakesy

Moakesy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2013
UK
Thanks all, I'll give those a go. Used mpb.com a go before, they gave better prices than Wex but it took ages for them to pay me. I'll ask for a quote as a comparison to Wex.

I'll check the 'sell for a £1 thing definitely.

Reactions: Sebct and kenoh
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.