Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tdosthp

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2015
Which case are you using in last pic and for which device?

Oops. I goofed. I bought the Figura for my personal iPhone 11 Pro and for my work iPhone XR (which is the iPhone 11 case that is pictured in the last pic).

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
The heck with the Defender, I'm getting the Pink Puffer :oops:

puffer.JPG

Reactions: sabesh and nrvous1

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
As promised, received the Figura case today. Overall, it is a very good case.

1. Buttons are good, but not as good as OB Symmetry or Apple Silicone. Close, but not quite. Takes a little more effort to push them.
2. Grip is great; maybe slightly less grippy than Apple Silicone. Hard to describe, but maybe a little rougher/more coarse texture.... you aren’t gonna drop this case. 3. So far seems to attract more lint than  silicone. Maybe because I have had the  case longer and it has smoothed down a bit...dunno.
4. More of a lip than Apple Silicone...see pics. Almost same size as  Silicone overall, but on a flat surface, a little “thicker” due to the lip.
5. Of course, no “padding” or lining on the inside of the case, just bare silicone.

Anything else, just ask and I will do my best to answer.

6f12217e8e165c5cfbf6872550b06a3a.jpg
976cea3a31c9fc8356ee479f070ae5f6.jpg
e3aeda993b489a639e7437c01b61b2c3.jpg
310f7577428f9e10643b02d924226f64.jpg
Do you believe it’s worth $40? Any other pics from the side and bottom?

edit: disregard the photo request. Just saw the additions. Ty

Tdosthp

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2015
Do you believe it’s worth $40? Any other pics from the side and bottom?

edit: disregard the photo request. Just saw the additions. Ty

Of course, that is subjective. It does feel premium, no rough seams, etc.

I have never really blinked an eye at Otterbox prices, given their reputation and quality.

But on the flip side, to some, it will be just another silicone case.

I think it is on-par will an  silicone case, yet covers the bottom.

Also received the green Caudabe Sheath today, but haven’t had it on for any length of time. Instead, running the Figura.

Reactions: nrvous1 and AE14

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs

I have never really blinked an eye at Otterbox prices, given their reputation and quality.

Also received the green Caudabe Sheath today, but haven’t had it on for any length of time. Instead, running the Figura.
Is it firm to the phone? Any “saggy” spots?

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX

Well said. I’m curious as to what you think of the sheath.

Tdosthp

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2015
Well said. I’m curious as to what you think of the sheath.

I have been a fan of the Sheath for a few generations. To be honest, I bought it based solely on a picture posted here (green sheath for my green phone) but was slightly disappointed in the color vs the picture I saw.

Otherwise it is a solid case....I just get a little nervous as to how much protection it will provide. In prior years, I have dropped my phones in Sheaths with no ill effects other thank broken screen protectors.

After using the  Silicone for the past few weeks, even the Sheath’s grip is lackluster now. It is the same level of grip since the X, but just not as impressed anymore.

Reactions: nrvous1

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
You still rolling in the Defender?
Yes sir. And this case is no joke. If you wear anything slim fitting it’s going to bulge out of your pant pocket. Forget about trying to get the phone out of your pocket if you’re sitting down or walking or wearing any type of jean. I wear loose jeans and have 27” thighs and this phone is impossible to get out of my front pocket. My fitted slacks won’t even let me put this phone in.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hooterville

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
Gotta day- struggling with Caudabe CS again. Their shipping and customer service have been terrible for me. They are one state over, and it takes almost a week to get to me and the USPS check-ins are few and far between.

this is now at least the 3rd time that an item didn’t show up at the“expected date”. When I ask for their help, I get the “sorry, it’s with USPS,nothing we can do”

love the cases but the CS makes me almost not order from them. Ridiculous

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Gotta day- struggling with Caudabe CS again. Their shipping and customer service have been terrible for me. They are one state over, and it takes almost a week to get to me and the USPS check-ins are few and far between.

this is now at least the 3rd time that an item didn’t show up at the“expected date”. When I ask for their help, I get the “sorry, it’s with USPS,nothing we can do”

love the cases but the CS makes me almost not order from them. Ridiculous
Nothing can be as bad as Mous customer service.

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
Amazing....the most recent update now says at least another 4 days. It has been in the same state (Pa) since Thursday.
Never again with Caudabe.

Tdosthp

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2015
True- but caudabe isn’t far off. Hey are utterly useless and I truly believe they send packages via snail

I recently contacted them and they were helpful for me.

I ordered a case on Black Friday and used Apple Pay, which did not allow me to enter the discount code. I immediately emailed them. Within a day or two they responded and gave me a refund of the discount amount.

Reactions: AE14

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
I recently contacted them and they were helpful for me.

I ordered a case on Black Friday and used Apple Pay, which did not allow me to enter the discount code. I immediately emailed them. Within a day or two they responded and gave me a refund of the discount amount.
That’s good to know. Mous gave me a BS answer a few hours after I placed my order and asked for a price adjustment for a measly 15% off using a YouTuber’s secured discount code. Their response, in so many words, your order has been dispatched and cannot be modified or cancelled. Sorry.

I guess I’ll skip out on ordering a caudabe as well. I hope @AE14 gets their case soon.

Reactions: AE14

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
That sucks. What did you order?
1 black sheath for my 11pm
[automerge]1575730005[/automerge]
That’s good to know. Mous gave me a BS answer a few hours after I placed my order and asked for a price adjustment for a measly 15% off using a YouTuber’s secured discount code. Their response, in so many words, your order has been dispatched and cannot be modified or cancelled. Sorry.

I guess I’ll skip out on ordering a caudabe as well. I hope @AE14 gets their case soon.
Thanks. I have had issue with them before both shipping and CS in general.

I placed an order, which I promptly cancelled within 1 hour. They got back to me 24 hours later that it shipped and I was charged. Just bad business overall.

Reactions: nrvous1

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
1 black sheath for my 11pm
[automerge]1575730005[/automerge]

Thanks. I have had issue with them before both shipping and CS in general.

I placed an order, which I promptly cancelled within 1 hour. They got back to me 24 hours later that it shipped and I was charged. Just bad business overall.
Man, the sheath is a really nice looking case though. I’m tempted to look for it on amazon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.