Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
“Custom” made pop socket stand for easier handling when rolling in the otterbox defender pro. ? Don’t mind the extra sanding marks. The damn dremel is hard to control with only one hand while the other is holding the holster. And yes, I know it looks like hell and it’s much easier to slap the pop socket directly onto the case, but the rubber outer part of the case flexes a ton with the socket stuck directly to it. I’m thinking over time the outer rubber case will start to sag and stretch out.

Attachments

• 87099E4B-094B-44E5-8496-A9970F641511.jpeg
    87099E4B-094B-44E5-8496-A9970F641511.jpeg
    613.2 KB · Views: 87
  • AD26108D-8014-4656-9DBD-04180B68DDE8.jpeg
    AD26108D-8014-4656-9DBD-04180B68DDE8.jpeg
    834.1 KB · Views: 114

Tdosthp

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2015
“Custom” made pop socket stand for easier handling when rolling in the otterbox defender pro. Don’t mind the extra sanding marks. The damn dremel is hard to control with only one hand while the other is holding the holster. And yes, I know it looks like hell and it’s much easier to slap the pop socket directly onto the case, but the rubber outer part of the case flexes a ton with the socket stuck directly to it. I’m thinking over time the outer rubber case will start to sag and stretch out.

Rub some toothpaste on that bad boy and wash it off. Might polish some of that and make it not so noticeable.

Reactions: nrvous1

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
“Custom” made pop socket stand for easier handling when rolling in the otterbox defender pro. ? Don’t mind the extra sanding marks. The damn dremel is hard to control with only one hand while the other is holding the holster. And yes, I know it looks like hell and it’s much easier to slap the pop socket directly onto the case, but the rubber outer part of the case flexes a ton with the socket stuck directly to it. I’m thinking over time the outer rubber case will start to sag and stretch out.

:oops:

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
I just saw flossy carter’s YouTube case video and saw incipio’s dual pro case in red. It looks nice! Has anyone had any experience with incipio cases? I’ve only had their clear feather case for my xr and that was a hard shell type case.

Tdosthp

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2015
I just saw flossy carter’s YouTube case video and saw incipio’s dual pro case in red. It looks nice! Has anyone had any experience with incipio cases? I’ve only had their clear feather case for my xr and that was a hard shell type case.

Had the Dual Pro a couple iPhone generations ago and the grippy/soft-touch coating came off pretty quick. May have improved their process since or changed the case all together though.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Sal09, any more Mous 50% off codes?
I would like to order the suction mount & wallet deal but not at full crazy Mous price.

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
Dbrand Grip with Black Swarm & Black Dragon skins.

View attachment 880600 View attachment 880601
[automerge]1575402397[/automerge]

I purchased and returned a couple of Ballistic Jewel Spark cases. Didn't like the look of them. I might try the X90 case. Seems interesting.

That looks dope. My dBrand grip just came today but I did not order any skins for it. Now I wish I did lol.
[automerge]1575769885[/automerge]
I will never buy a Mous case, I bought one for my xs max and returned it. Got a run around for weeks claiming I didn't send it back and then just got ignored for a while. I finally got a refund after maybe a month of pestering them.

I will never buy anything from them. I was asking them a question on Twitter about the availabiltiy of the return of the black leather case for the iPhone 11 Pro. I saw them answering some other people but never answered me. So I said hey do you guys ever answer questions? I will take my business elsewhere. They then proceded to block me on Twitter. Lol clown company.

Reactions: sabesh

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
That looks dope. My dBrand grip just came today but I did not order any skins for it. Now I wish I did lol.
[automerge]1575769885[/automerge]

I will never buy anything from them. I was asking them a question on Twitter about the availabiltiy of the return of the black leather case for the iPhone 11 Pro. I saw them answering some other people but never answered me. So I said hey do you guys ever answer questions? I will take my business elsewhere. They then proceded to block me on Twitter. Lol clown company.

How long did it take to receive your Grip case? Ordered 4-5 days ago and still no shipping notification or anything.
[automerge]1575770407[/automerge]
I want to get the Case Mate Puffer case tbh ?

Don't tell me the pink one !

Reactions: VaderRulez

eddiezus

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2019
How long did it take to receive your Grip case? Ordered 4-5 days ago and still no shipping notification or anything.
[automerge]1575770407[/automerge]

Don't tell me the pink one !
oh no ? the pink doesn’t mesh well with the stupid green camera lense, although i might get casemate’s lense cover but then it’ll make my phone look like a Pixel 3 ?

Reactions: Hooterville

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
@Hooterville, just took the defender pro off my phone for an inspection for scratches. So far nothing at all. It’s still looking good. Although, the inner plastic casing seems to be developing some play/slack. That slight play may be causing scratching on some phones.

Reactions: Hooterville

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
@Hooterville, just took the defender pro off my phone for an inspection for scratches. So far nothing at all. It’s still looking good. Although, the inner plastic casing seems to be developing some play/slack. That slight play may be causing scratching on some phones.
Any scratches on the actual front glass area along the edges/borders of the display from that plastic front frame?

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Any scratches on the actual front glass area along the edges/borders of the display from that plastic front frame?
None so far. All edges, sides, front and back glass are still intact. That one thread where that xs was all scratched up, was that the defender or the defender pro? I don’t know if that makes a difference.

Edit: I sent otterbox an email yesterday asking if they sold the belt clip alone since I kinda don’t like how I mangled the current one I have. Their response, “We’re sorry your belt clip was damaged. Fill out the warranty in the link provided and we’ll send you an entirely new defender pro. Please pay shipping of $6.99.”:oops:

Last edited:

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
As an aside. Heard from caudabe, who refunded my shipping charge. Said not much else they can do, but to let them know if I don’t receive it.
It currently was shipped 12/2 from Cincinnati and left Philadelphia at 5:15am yesterday. No other updates and I live 40 minutes from philly. Just poor across the board imo.

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
As an aside. Heard from caudabe, who refunded my shipping charge. Said not much else they can do, but to let them know if I don’t receive it.
It currently was shipped 12/2 from Cincinnati and left Philadelphia at 5:15am yesterday. No other updates and I live 40 minutes from philly. Just poor across the board imo.
Hopefully it’s worth the wait. The caudabe cases look really nice.

Reactions: AE14

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019

That seems unlike them. They have always been awesome to me.

What case did you order and for what device?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.