Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which is the best show on AppleTV+ to watch now ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MDalprato

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 31, 2016
Faenza, Italy
I need help: Which is the best show on AppleTV+ to watch now ?
I don't have too much time so I need to focus on one series now, any suggestion ?

johnyslats

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2012
Yorkshire, UK
I'm not sure this poll is going to help you. The forum generally seems quite divided which is to be expected. Everyone has their own likes and dislikes. I'm assuming you've seen all the trailers. Isn't there one that appeals to you more?

Reactions: MDalprato

MDalprato

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 31, 2016
Faenza, Italy
I'm not sure this poll is going to help you. The forum generally seems quite divided which is to be expected. Everyone has their own likes and dislikes. I'm assuming you've seen all the trailers. Isn't there one that appeals to you more?

Yes, I saw them and I cannot choose between The Morning show and For all mankind.
Thanks for the reply btw.

Reactions: johnyslats

jaredlipsitz

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2010
This poll is not going to be of much value as I doubt there are many people who have watched every show on your list. You need that to be true before the poll is valid.

rmoliv

macrumors 68000
Dec 20, 2017
Pick any of them but SEE. It's a total waste of time, the storyline makes no sense whatsoever and would be very unlikely to happen in real life from a scientific point of view. It's a failed attempt at science fiction.

Reactions: mikzn and MDalprato

johnyslats

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2012
Yorkshire, UK
Current IMDB ratings:

The Morning Show 8.2 (2,919 ratings)
See 7.7 (5,133 ratings)
Dickinson 6.7 (794 ratings)
For All Mankind 6.5 (1,003 ratings)

Wouldn't necessarily agree with those ratings myself but might be more helpful than individual feelings towards any one particular show.

pauliaK

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2012
Banff, AB
I have only watched The Morning Show and See so far and I enjoyed them both to be honest. I didn’t expect much and was pleasantly surprised. My spouse liked the Morning Show better but that was predictable as she’s not really into See type of series all that much. I will give For All Mankind a go this evening. Dickinson is one that absolutely doesn’t appeal to me based on a trailer but some people said good things about it so I think I will give it a go at some point too just to be able to have my own opinion rather than be biassed against it.

bigrids

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2017
I have seen The Morning Show and For All Mankind and really liked them both. However, Just watched The Elephant Queen and WOW. Fantastic. Probably the best wildlife programme I've ever seen. Photography was stunning and the soundtrack in Dolby Atmos breathtaking.

MDalprato

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 31, 2016
Faenza, Italy
Thanks for all the replies.
I've finished the 4 episode of TMS and it looks pretty cool to me right now.
Going to watch See soon ...
By the way, I'm the only one that is having issues with the tv.apple.com page ? On Windows 10 (Chrome) it practically useless .. .(

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
For All Mankind starts a bit slow, with deja vu as it more or less retreads stories we know. But then it takes a wide turn and comes to its own, picking up paces along the way. It's a solid 8 if you like space exploration.

See starts wobbly, calling for suspension of disbelief. Not all characters are well developed, but the concept feels new and if you are a fan of post apocalypse and fantasy genres, you may start enjoying the ride by third episode. A solid 7.

neutrino23

macrumors 68000
Feb 14, 2003
SF Bay area
I've only seen The Morning Show and For All Mankind.

The Morning Show is pretty good. Some of the intrigue is fairly sophisticated. I didn't expect much but it keeps getting better.

I'm disappointed in For All Mankind. I had high hopes for this. I thought it would be like The Martian, lots of science and engineering issues to solve. Instead, it reminds me of Buck Rogers. They are quite cavalier about orbital mechanics. They skate over the engineering a lot. It is kind of a soap opera in space. Without revealing any spoilers it certainly has taken a dark turn.

Not really a knock on the production values, but it is interesting that it is so hard to fake the look of the Houston control room. The instruments are OK and the clothes and such are OK, but there is just something different about the body language of real engineers sweating the details compared to actors staring at props.

The insights to the experiences of the women in the program is good. Their take on Von Braun was interesting. The writing for the various presidents is a little ham-handed.

Also, I knew that the engineers smoked, but I didn't think that the astronauts smoked.

darkcompass

macrumors regular
Aug 22, 2018
I really enjoyed See. Moving onto For All Mankind this week. The Morning Show and Dickenson appeal to other members of the family, do not to me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.