Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Siannath

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 21, 2012
Lima, Perú
**UPDATE: Problem solved by installing macOS High Sierra on top (without erasing any data).**

I just recently upgraded to High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G7024) (yes, I'm late to the party) and since the upgrade I got white windows in screenshots.

Apps run 100% fine, they only look white on screenshots.

Examples:
cmLM0cf.png

jhjf2zG.png

nhltkiE.png

tVAj0Be.png

Most windows are full or partially white, although sometimes, some windows show its content properly. But most of the time, most windows are white. Even the icons on the desktop are white (the white rectangle without shadow on the right). Even the menu bar is white (when displayed). Happens with 1st party and 3rd party apps.

I upgraded from Sierra latest version. All works fine. This is the only problem. Machine is Macmini5,2 (mid 2011) with AMD Radeon HD 6630M 256 MB.

- I tried taking screenshots in **guest user** and **fresh new user** and the issue persists.

- I tried SMC reset, NVRAM reset, and changing screenshot format go JPG.

- I did not find anything useful on the internet.

I am starting to think that this is a graphics issue, maybe caused by hardware or maybe software (drivers).

I realized that I really need screenshots for my daily usage.

What would you do to solve/diagnose this issue?

Thank you for reading.

Edit: grammar, 1 more screenshot, more info.

**UPDATE: Problem solved by installing macOS High Sierra on top (without erasing any data).**

Last edited:

retta283

Suspended
Jun 8, 2018
Good that you got it fixed. Never feel bad about updating OSes late, because by then the bugs are ironed out. It's actually a smart idea. I am still on Sierra myself.

Reactions: Siannath
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.