Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

benshive

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 26, 2017
United States
Having just dropped $180 on the collector's edition I think it's safe to say I'm super excited. I think I'm going to play through the first one again before it comes out. Anyone else here pre-order yet or have any theories about what you think could happen in the story?

Reactions: Ben Harley

Ben Harley

macrumors member
Dec 7, 2016
United Kingdom, London
Oh I am already playing the first part. I have ordered collector's edition too. Its gonna come this Wednesday

I am super excited.. Last of us was an amazing game. Superb story and gameplay.. Honestly on some points it scared the **** outta me. :D

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Pushed to May

I for one prefer polish to a crap launch

Yup, I called it. Naughty dog, [The LOU developer] is notorious for pushing out game delays, As is Rockstar, Bethesda, etc. We’re living in a gaming era now where the gamer is expecting a higher quality piece of work given how the bar has been raised from some of these developers. CD Projekt Red, (The developer for Cyberpunk 2077) has been working on that specific game for the better part over five years.

If a game has to be delayed for the developer to further polish the UI, systematics, online capabilities, etc, then it shows their self aware that they want to make the product as complete as possible for the gamer, It’ll make a huge difference in the long run for the developers reputation and gamer loyalty.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
TLOU2 has been in the works so long that it would be foolish imo to be pissed about “just” a few more months for perfection ostensibly

It’s best with releases like this to be happy to even be aware it’s in development, and check in when it’s on the shelves and in reviewers’ hands as a safe call of an end zone and try to forget about it until then as difficult as that may be

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.