Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BlakeBrattina

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2011
Bay City, MI
Some beautiful pieces here. Kram, always impressed how tight you wear your strap! I couldn't do it!

Also just a lover of Omega so I am biased, but love to see a few of them on this last page. I'll post soon!

scotthayes

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2007
Planet Earth
Added to the collection yesterday with a Tudor Black Bay 41 on a leather strap. Really do like the simplistic look.

IMG_2228.jpeg
IMG_2227.jpeg

HeadphoneAddict

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2007
A recent addition to the collection, a Tudor Pepsi GMT. It's something I'm more comfortable taking on my wife's birthday cruise to the Bahamas next month than my Pepsi GMT, with enough WR to be my only watch there. Of course I'll still bring my Ti Planet Ocean 9300 chronograph too.

I bought it on NATO strap and added the bracelet a couple of weeks later when I could find one. I also now have a newer style bracelet for that Omega Speedmaster Pro "Speedy Tuesday LE" in a previous post, that I have not installed yet.

IMG_1350.jpeg

IMG_1586.jpeg

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Picked up another Omega after I was exceptionally lucky to receive the call from my AD that they had got one of these in. Only 1968 made worldwide to commemorate the original Seamaster.

View attachment 862069

Absolutely beautiful, and well wear.

I love the large seconds, - and that style from the 60s, (and 50s) - very elegant.

Mine, (an Omega Deville), is somewhat similar, - cream face (rather than white), stainless steel, dauphine hands, and a leather strap, but has Arabic numerals at 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, and 12, rather than at the quarters, and a date window at three.

Last edited:
Reactions: davidjearly

davidjearly

macrumors 68020
Sep 21, 2006
Glasgow, Scotland
It finally arrived. Looks much better in person and I think I’m gonna keep it.

75aaee1bf492e757fb4791e39a953d59.jpg

e0a7ce094a8db2ec74aa86ac73783ddb.jpg

ebe1ceef7abdd46015bc7d42d96830e5.jpg

f652e60a6ef6ee8d3b75a7a5b6e611b8.jpg

e456dade7e82af400e0d4ce1e49dccd0.jpg
Outrageously beautiful. One I was sad to miss out on, but maybe one day! Enjoy it!
[automerge]1569181985[/automerge]
Absolutely beautiful, and well wear.

I love the large seconds, very elegant.

Mine, (an Omega Deville), is somewhat similar, - cream face (rather than white), stainless steel, dauphine hands, and a leather strap, but has Arabic numerals at 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, and 12, rather than at the quarters, and a date window at three.

Thank you. I adore it. Omega have been smashing it lately.
I really enjoy the DeVille range too!

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Mr Kram

macrumors 68020
Oct 1, 2008
Some beautiful pieces here. Kram, always impressed how tight you wear your strap! I couldn't do it!

Also just a lover of Omega so I am biased, but love to see a few of them on this last page. I'll post soon!

I really don't wear my my straps that tight, maybe it just looks that way. I also don't wear them overly loose. I don't like it when it spins around on your wrist.

Outrageously beautiful. One I was sad to miss out on, but maybe one day! Enjoy it!

I'm sure you can find one. They made a ton of them. I saw one for sale, maybe $1500 over retail.

HeadphoneAddict

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2007
Picked up a few more in the past week. Series 5 LTE Apple Watch, Timex Q, and Seiko Save The Oceans Special Edition. Pre-Ordered the AquaDive GMT 1000M diver, LE with 300 made.
IMG_2067.jpeg
image.jpeg
FA56FD11-A689-48B3-B025-52B8D4B8AFA7.jpeg
Aquadive Poseidon GMT.png

Miat

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2012
Today I learned that Timex make a divers watch, and true to form it has a nice clear dial.

Usually not into prominent straps, prefer them to sit in the background and let the dial do the talking. But that yellow strap on the Aquadive somehow works well.

And nice blue on the Seiko.

Reactions: HeadphoneAddict

mrex

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
europe
i have a real problem i have automatic swatches, the real watches, and im now tempting to buy longines master collection moonphase watch. unfortunately i have a apple watch, which i wear daily and cant wear my other watches at the same time... what do you do?

davidjearly

macrumors 68020
Sep 21, 2006
Glasgow, Scotland
i have a real problem i have automatic swatches, the real watches, and im now tempting to buy longines master collection moonphase watch. unfortunately i have a apple watch, which i wear daily and cant wear my other watches at the same time... what do you do?

My Apple Watch sits unused for long periods of time. It's a waste of money actually, because it's a fantastic product but 9 times out of 10, I can't bring myself to wear it over one of my 'real' watches.

MadDane

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2015
I wear my Omega on the left hand and my Apple Watch on the right. Every day.

HeadphoneAddict

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2007

I wear both, usually only look at the left wrist for the time, and the Apple Watch is my fitness tracker. It does make more sense when I wear a chronograph or GMT or a watch with timing bezel, so that I'm using the mechanical watch or "man jewelry" for more than just the time.

MadDane

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2015
If serious, would like to know how this feels and do you find it awkward at all?
Yes, I am quite serious. I have been doing it for around a year now, and it works quite well for me. It was strange in the beginning to wear something on my right wrist, but I quickly got used to it. The main reason I have an Apple Watch is for fitness tracking, but it has turned out to have a number of other advantages as well ?

cdcastillo

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2007
The cesspit of civilization

I've stopped using my automatic watches since last october when I got an apple watch. I kind of miss them, but I'm not willing to stop using the apple watch. The true benefit comes from using it daily, and not on rotation with other watches.

If you intend to fit an apple watch into your rotation with other watches, there is no reason to get one in the first place, since the aesthetics of the electronic device are not even close to the beauty of a nice automatic watch.

The pull of the apple watch is the usefulness and practicality of the thing, the technology inside it that makes your life easier or a little better. This utility is way more important than the design, however "advanced" or unique you may consider it to be.

I mean, is not like the apple watch is an ugly thing to behold, but I think there is more to admire in the elegant design of my cheap Baume, or a nice Nomos, or in the timeles design of a diver's watch (longines, rolex, tudor, omega, etc).

To each their own, but in my opinion, to get real profit from the apple watch, you'd have to use it daily, foregoing the rest of your collection.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.