Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wargnerm

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 3, 2013
Turkey
I have an iPhone 4s 16gb on 6.1.2. Today my wifi connection lost and I tried to connect for about 15 mins and then I reset my router, reset name, pass etc. Then I connected succesfully from my PC. After that I tried to connect with my 4s but it kept saying incorrect pass. I was sure that I was putting true password. I can't restore cause I want to jailbreak it soon and there is no way to restore to 6.1.2. Does anyone know how to fix it?

P.S: I tried to reset connection settings, all settings etc. But it didn't work.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
I have an iPhone 4s 16gb on 6.1.2. Today my wifi connection lost and I tried to connect for about 15 mins and then I reset my router, reset name, pass etc. Then I connected succesfully from my PC. After that I tried to connect with my 4s but it kept saying incorrect pass. I was sure that I was putting true password. I can't restore cause I want to jailbreak it soon and there is no way to restore to 6.1.2. Does anyone know how to fix it?

P.S: I tried to reset connection settings, all settings etc. But it didn't work.

Try rebooting the phone via holding home and power button.

Since you mentioned restoring, there's always the "erase all content and reset settings" you can try (assuming you are currently NOT jailbroken). If it doesn't work, you can always restore from a backup to get back your settings

wargnerm

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 3, 2013
Turkey
Try rebooting the phone via holding home and power button.

Since you mentioned restoring, there's always the "erase all content and reset settings" you can try (assuming you are currently NOT jailbroken). If it doesn't work, you can always restore from a backup to get back your settings

Thanks for your comment, actually I've just jailbroken my phone and installed WiFiFoFum. I can connect with it so there's no problem at all. Also befpre jb, I tried the methods you mentioned above but none of them worked.

Ann P

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2009
California
Try connecting manually and inputting the pass 2-3 times, even if it is declined. Temporary solution for me.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Thanks for your comment, actually I've just jailbroken my phone and installed WiFiFoFum. I can connect with it so there's no problem at all. Also befpre jb, I tried the methods you mentioned above but none of them worked.

So it connects and works now? Is the wifi signal weak?

wargnerm

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 3, 2013
Turkey
So it connects and works now? Is the wifi signal weak?

Actually better than before. But I still can't connect via Settings. When I conect with the program it seems that it's connected from the Settings too, but when I cut the connection and try again from Settings, it says incorrect pass again. At least I can connect via WiFiFoFum. It even shows the locations of routers :D

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Actually better than before. But I still can't connect via Settings. When I conect with the program it seems that it's connected from the Settings too, but when I cut the connection and try again from Settings, it says incorrect pass again. At least I can connect via WiFiFoFum. It even shows the locations of routers :D

Hmm, the only thing I can think why is that iOS is determining the signal is too weak, therefore it won't connect. That's very strange you can connect using wififofum but not via settings

Does not being able to connect to wifi using settings only apply to your home wifi or all wifi? What iOS version are you on?

wargnerm

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 3, 2013
Turkey
Wi-Fi incorrect password problem

Hmm, the only thing I can think why is that iOS is determining the signal is too weak, therefore it won't connect. That's very strange you can connect using wififofum but not via settings

I don't think the problem is iOS thinks the signal is too weak. I think something about WiFi connection software got corrupted, so it couldn't verify pass. Most people fixed it by restoring, so it's a software problem caused by some corruptions.

----------

It doesn't matter which wifi you try, it gives the same error. iOS 6.1.2

vipre77

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2015
I had luck that I cannot explain, but I had the "Incorrect Password" issue on iOS 9.1 today and I got it to work by going to Settings --> WiFi and then enabling the option for "Ask to Join Networks". I had it turned off and turning this on got it working again right away. None of the other standard fix recommendations worked for me (tried those all first).

ahmed99

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2017
how did i can install the app if there is no wifi ???????!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.