Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MasterHowl

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 3, 2010
North of England
I'm just jailbreaking my iPod Touch (3rd gen)... will I get into trouble by Apple?!

I'm really scared now... should have thought of this before...

EDIT: I did it through this: jailbreakme.com/

Brradley

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2010
Yes, Apple will hunt you down and confiscate your iPod touch.

Just kidding, nothing will happen.

sleinad

macrumors member
May 11, 2011
Don't worry about it! Jailbreaking isn't illegal. Also, you can restore your iPod any time, and therefore destroying all the evidence from Apple that you jailbroke your iPod.

ECUpirate44

macrumors 603
Mar 22, 2010
NC
Oh thank god for that! :') I'm a worrier...

Just restoring now... I'm too scared heh

I've been jailbreaking since 2007 without an issue. 1 million people jailbroke 4.3.3 using comex's exploit just between now and yesterday. Do you really think Apple cares or can do anything about it? If you look at the notifications in iOS5, I'd argue that they encourage it.

Tech Elementz

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2011
You will not get in trouble by jailbreaking because it is a legal process to do in the U.S., by a DMCA ruling. However, if you should bring your iPod Touch into the Apple store being jailbroken, they will refuse to fix it if anything is wrong with it because you have void your warranty.

Besides that, you are a free man to do what you want with it at your own risk. :):)

Enigmafan420

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2008
Puget Sound, U.S.A.
?!?

With all due respect, is this a REAL post? "In trouble"? "Too Scared" Really? How old is this person?

I JB my iPod Touch 1G on 1.1.3, and have NEVER regretted it, let alone got "in trouble" or "scared". Every iOS device I have owned since has also been JB.

Worst possible action you will have to take is restore to factory. This post doesn't feel genuine.

jackc

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2003
I thought I heard someone outside my apartment last night, so I restored just in case. I think they left now...

Tech Elementz

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2011
With all due respect, is this a REAL post? "In trouble"? "Too Scared" Really? How old is this person?

I JB my iPod Touch 1G on 1.1.3, and have NEVER regretted it, let alone got "in trouble" or "scared". Every iOS device I have owned since has also been JB.

Worst possible action you will have to take is restore to factory. This post doesn't feel genuine.

Official iOS firmware is fine with me. I do not need all these extra things from jailbreaking. The only thing that I have come close to keeping a jailbreak is using whited00r on my iPhone 3G. Then again, I remove the Cydia app because I do not need.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.