Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

staromlynski

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2019
Hi guys,
I recently bought SBSS AW and I'm wondering if metal elements on sport loops and sport bands(magnets?) will eventually create scratches in the band tunnels? Do you guys have pictures of the tunnels to prove me wrong?

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
I've had my Series 4 SBSS for over a year now and I have noticed no damage to the interior. I've been wearing the Nike Sport Loops as of late, which use plastic lugs, but I also wear the Apple Stainless Link Band, Milanese Loop, and a number of Classic Loop leather bands with steel lugs so it's seen plenty of swaps.

bbednarz

macrumors 65816
Nov 16, 2017
Chicago
I'm not going to take pictures to prove it, but I have had my SBSS S4 since December last year. I routinely change bands and it looks as good now as it did the day I got it. That includes the outer casing, screen, tunnels, everything. The DLC is no joke.

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
My SBSS still looks new. Though I dont wear a lot of metal lugged bands. I have worn the Milanese maybe 30 times

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
I have the SB Milanese loop with my S5 SBSS and there is a tiny scratch in the upper left corner of the watch where it meets the glass. Haven’t used the SB ML since.

DLC on DLC will cause scratches.

58D830BF-7053-4412-BB45-907EF7A7EF68.jpeg

Reactions: jaytee86 and twanj

staromlynski

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2019
Thank you guys really appreciate the feedback. Love the way how the Milanese Loop looks but it turned out its not for me. I'll stay with sport loops ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.