Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ahmede

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 14, 2011
Throwing an idea to members here who are fedup with Apple quality , both the software and hardware front.

I for one am fedup with software bugs and poor quality hardware. iOS 13 ,Touch Decease , Audio problems , bendgate, dead devices , bad batteries, keyboards , failing graphics , to name a few.

Tim Cook continues to fail in delivering the quality products us die hard Apple Fans have been accustomed to from yester year.

When Apple does acknowledge design flaws , its way outside the 1 year warranty, many of us has either tossed the device or paid a small fortune to have it repaired.

How about we start a worldwide class action suit against Apple.

No. I do not wish to change to a different brand , i expect Apple to provide a premuim device , both hardware and software.

ahmede

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 14, 2011
You missing the point. With every new product launch Apple claims its “ best ever “ product. Displaying videos of the latest manufacturing and technology.

This “best ever” is inferior in both software and hardware reliability.

revmacian

macrumors 68000
Oct 20, 2018
USA
No. I do not wish to change to a different brand , i expect Apple to provide a premuim device , both hardware and software.
If a company is producing products that no longer meet your needs, you can; a) move to another brand, or b) remain with the brand and accept the issues that come with the product.

You appear to be attempting to create an option; c) "force the company to meet your expectations in every way, shape or form without an iota of discomfort". That option simply doesn't exist, neither would it be fair unless you were the sole customer for that company. Vote with your wallet.. or, perhaps change your expectations.

You missing the point. With every new product launch Apple claims its “ best ever “ product. Displaying videos of the latest manufacturing and technology.

This “best ever” is inferior in both software and hardware reliability.
Perhaps this is a lesson in never believing everything you hear?

Reactions: gavroche

ahmede

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 14, 2011
If a company is producing products that no longer meet your needs, you can; a) move to another brand, or b) remain with the brand and accept the issues that come with the product.

You appear to be attempting to create an option; c) "force the company to meet your expectations in every way, shape or form without an iota of discomfort". That option simply doesn't exist, neither would it be fair unless you were the sole customer for that company. Vote with your wallet.

Perhaps this is a lesson in never believing everything you hear?

So the class action lawsuits of the past was wrong ?

They should of moved to another brand and left Apple off the hook for poor quality products which Apple finally admitted to by having recalls and offering free repairs.

revmacian

macrumors 68000
Oct 20, 2018
USA
So the class action lawsuits of the past was wrong ?

They should of moved to another brand and left Apple off the hook for poor quality products which Apple finally admitted to by having recalls and offering free repairs.
You need to do what is best for you while avoiding resource waste.. rather than looking at the world and adopting what is best for others. People often act on a reaction without ever thinking that their habits may be a problem. Deflecting blame is easier because that habit asks nothing of you right now - though it does damage in the long run. What is right is not always popular.. and what is popular is not always right.

Last edited:

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
Throwing an idea to members here who are fedup with Apple quality , both the software and hardware front.

I for one am fedup with software bugs and poor quality hardware. iOS 13 ,Touch Decease , Audio problems , bendgate, dead devices , bad batteries, keyboards , failing graphics , to name a few.

Tim Cook continues to fail in delivering the quality products us die hard Apple Fans have been accustomed to from yester year.

When Apple does acknowledge design flaws , its way outside the 1 year warranty, many of us has either tossed the device or paid a small fortune to have it repaired.

How about we start a worldwide class action suit against Apple.

This expectation of Apple doing something they will not do is the failure here.
Buy something else.
Fantasy expectations are just that, not real. Apple is what it is. Don't buy it and you can't be let down by it.

Some folks have the idea of being personally married to this company for whatever reason. Divorce and find something else that will take care of you or this hatred will just grow and it won't turn out good for the one expecting some form of change.

Being mad for the sake of being mad is a strange concept.

To me.

ahmede

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 14, 2011
This expectation of Apple doing something they will not do is the failure here.
Buy something else.
Fantasy expectations are just that, not real. Apple is what it is. Don't buy it and you can't be let down by it.

Some folks have the idea of being personally married to this company for whatever reason. Divorce and find something else that will take care of you or this hatred will just grow and it won't turn out good for the one expecting some form of change.

Being mad for the sake of being mad is a strange concept.

To me.

Toss my $1000 plus device in the bin and buy another brand.

That has to be the worst advice anyone can give you.

Reactions: levander

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX

Lord....

If you believe hanging on to something you are not happy with is healthy for you, then you keep doing that thing because that is your reality.

If you inserted those words in to my reply, then that is also you.
I did not state to throw anything away. I suggested moving on. Which then gives you options of trade-in, sell, keep and purchase something else, give away, trade someone else for something they have, or whatever else it is you choose to do with it.

But if you think that $1,000 device you have now is going to just change quality out of nowhere. That won't happen.
You stated it is poor hardware quality.
Poor software quality.
Along with many, many other issues you have with that $1,000 device.
Those things will not change in that current device.

So moving away from a "$1,000 thing" that frustrates or upsets you is better advice, in my opinion, than to continue holding it in your hand and not liking it.

revmacian

macrumors 68000
Oct 20, 2018
USA
What happened to cause you to arrive at that option? Think about your thought patterns. Did the option of selling the device and using the funds to move to another brand never enter the equation? Was that option dismissed because you would then lose your whole reason for being angry?

I realize that I ask the challenging questions, but sometimes we need exactly that. It might be in your best interest to entertain the possibility that your habits and attitudes need adjustment.

ahmede

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 14, 2011
What happened to cause you to arrive at that option? Think about your thought patterns. Did the option of selling the device and using the funds to move to another brand never enter the equation? Was that option dismissed because you would then lose your whole reason for being angry?

I realize that I ask the challenging questions, but sometimes we need exactly that. It might be in your best interest to entertain the possibility that your habits and attitudes need adjustment.

So i should sell a faulty device to a innocent party ?

revmacian

macrumors 68000
Oct 20, 2018
USA
So i should sell a faulty device to a innocent party ?
Do you want to resolve the issue or do you want to continue finding fault in everything that comes your way (even advice)? You can’t have it both ways.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: E.Lizardo

ApfelKuchen

macrumors 601
Aug 28, 2012
Between the coasts
The only comment I'll make regards "Worldwide lawsuit." Such a thing doesn't exist. Either you file separate lawsuits in each country (maybe you can bring a single lawsuit in the EU, not sure about that), or you can wait until we have a single, worldwide government.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ericdjensen

macrumors 6502
Nov 6, 2019
Springfield,VA
I’ve never had a single problem with any Apple product that I’ve owned.

My mom recently bought a 27 inch iMac that wouldn’t boot after a month. It was a lemon and they replaced it. That’s it tho

Reactions: StyxMaker

staggerlee41

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA

One might think so but... the same poster, in another thread, suggested to someone else fed up with the Mail issues in iOS 13 that they should perhaps find another job not dependent on the iPad they purchased. So there's that.

Last edited:

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
I’ve never had a single problem with any Apple product that I’ve owned.

My mom recently bought a 27 inch iMac that wouldn’t boot after a month. It was a lemon and they replaced it. That’s it tho
Not having “a single problem” is a tall order. I’ll go as far to say few issues. Overall I’m a happy customer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.