Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

venividivigor

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 11, 2013
Thanks for ruining my workout APPLE. FFS, how do I fix this issue? This just randomly started to happen for no reason right when I tried to play music at the gym.

It doesn't work for non downloaded songs and downloaded songs.

Freaking so inconvenient. This bug better be fixed before I go traveling -_-"
image.jpeg

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Could there be some sort of restrictions enabled for some reason (even unexpectedly)?

venividivigor

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 11, 2013

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Delete what? I don't use apple's family share.

I'm signed into my iTunes account.

There couldn't be. I don't touch my Settingd app at all.
There have been cases of some restrictions being active (or becoming active for some reason) even when they haven't been configured by the user. Might be worth checking if nothing else seems to do the trick.

venividivigor

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 11, 2013
There have been cases of some restrictions being active (or becoming active for some reason) even when they haven't been configured by the user. Might be worth checking if nothing else seems to do the trick.

Which one of the restrictions would it be? Even the non explicit songs can't be played

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Which one of the restrictions would it be? Even the non explicit songs can't be played
The explicit setting is certainly the main one that comes to mind, but might not have as much impact in this case--perhaps just making sure that everything looks as expected there with restrictions.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Thanks for ruining my workout APPLE. FFS, how do I fix this issue? This just randomly started to happen for no reason right when I tried to play music at the gym.

Freaking so inconvenient. This bug better be fixed before I go traveling -_-" View attachment 627494

It sounds like you're trying to play a song you didn't buy or own the rights to? This is a song you purchased yourself?

venividivigor

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 11, 2013
It sounds like you're trying to play a song you didn't buy or own the rights to? This is a song you purchased yourself?

Nah, it's just Apple Music.

Anybody else notice the name of the song the OP is trying to play is "You don't own Me"?

Lol good catch! Didn't even notice myself. Quite ironic.

Downloaded from Apple Music for which the trial expired perhaps?

Nah, it just bugged out on its own.
Had to reset my iPhone times multiple times to get it to work.

First world problems...

I know right??? Like.GAWWWWW

Reactions: Goatllama

Professor Snape

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2019

Freaking so inconvenient. This bug better be fixed before I go traveling -_-" View attachment 627494
Mine is doing the same this I rented Harry Potter and be Chamber of Secrets and it won’t let me watch it HeLp

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.