Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jwolf6589

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
Colorado
Anyone having issues with the YouTube app and having to reboot Appletv to get it working again?

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
Never had problems with YouTube, but have had issues with DNLA clients such as Infuse and Plex. Network changes require an Apple TV reboot.

circatee

Contributor
Nov 30, 2014
No. But, if you have not already, maybe log out of Apple TV, and then log back in. See if that helps...

levander

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2011
An issue like that, I’d at the very least delete the YouTube app and reinstall it.

But I’d probably even skip that step and do a complete factory reset of the Apple TV.

I watch YouTube more than I watch regular TV. I pay Google the $10/month to get the ads stripped. And the only problem I’ve had is that rarely a video will get stuck when I’m trying to fast forward /rewind and I’ll have to close the video and reopen it or maybe do the same to the entire app.

I opened this thread hoping you were going to be complaining about the UI. I really wish Google would write an app using the native video player and not their custom written one...

But the reason I say to reinstall the app and really even to do a factory reset, is I’m guessing the YouTube app itself has been corrupted somehow on your Apple TV hard drive. Just do a factory reset and make sure everything is written to disk proper?

jwolf6589

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
Colorado
An issue like that, I’d at the very least delete the YouTube app and reinstall it.

But I’d probably even skip that step and do a complete factory reset of the Apple TV.

I watch YouTube more than I watch regular TV. I pay Google the $10/month to get the ads stripped. And the only problem I’ve had is that rarely a video will get stuck when I’m trying to fast forward /rewind and I’ll have to close the video and reopen it or maybe do the same to the entire app.

I opened this thread hoping you were going to be complaining about the UI. I really wish Google would write an app using the native video player and not their custom written one...

But the reason I say to reinstall the app and really even to do a factory reset, is I’m guessing the YouTube app itself has been corrupted somehow on your Apple TV hard drive. Just do a factory reset and make sure everything is written to disk proper?

I deleted and re-installed but did not do a factory reset. We shall see how the app behaves in the coming weeks.

levander

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2011
I deleted and re-installed but did not do a factory reset. We shall see how the app behaves in the coming weeks.

Cool, keep us updated.

If you have to reboot even one more time though, just do a factory reset?

But, I just like getting my bugs fixed and not having to fool with them. That’s why I’d have gone right to the factory reset.

stillcrazyman

macrumors 603
Oct 10, 2014
Exile
I have an occasional issue with YouTube no displaying the content. I've let it sit for a few with no progress. I just restart the ATV4K and then it works. I suspect some network issue between the ATV4K and the YT servers.

levander

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2011
I have an occasional issue with YouTube no displaying the content. I've let it sit for a few with no progress. I just restart the ATV4K and then it works. I suspect some network issue between the ATV4K and the YT servers.

Could also be your connection to the internet?

I used to have what AT&T called their gateway. It was a device that had built in WiFi access point, router, DSL modem. It needed to be rebooted about every six months and then network weirdnesses would go away.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.