Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

winxmac

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 1, 2021
Is it a bug or a feature? Previously, only logged in users who do not want to enable watch history will just get a search bar and no video displayed but now it seems that visiting the YouTube website without logging in [or not logged in and using private browsing] also just gets a search bar without any video displayed...

Try searching to get started
YouTube learns the more you watch. Start watching videos to help us build a feed of videos you'll love.​

The above text is what now shows on the YouTube homepage... It could be an unannounced YouTube change or just a trial/testing...

Boyd01

Staff member
Feb 21, 2012
New Jersey Pine Barrens
Not seeing this on my Mac (still running Safari 15 on Monterey). Here's a thumbnail of what I see without logging in. What operating system and browser are you using? Are you using iClould private relay? I am not.

Screen Shot 2023-10-14 at 1.28.26 PM.png

Reactions: Chuckeee

winxmac

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 1, 2021
Firefox ESR 115.3.1 on Windows 10

I have not tried on a Mac... I'm working on having it dual boot with Windows...

Boyd01

Staff member
Feb 21, 2012
New Jersey Pine Barrens
Don't have Firefox installed, but it works fine without logging in with MS Edge in a Windows 10 VM for me.

youtube_edge.png

It also works fine in FireFox on the Mac without logging in. Seems like something specific to your setup and not a change to Youtube.

youtube_firefox.png

Putting on my moderator hat for a moment... moving this thread to a more appropriate forum, since it's not about Apple. A re-direct will remain in the original forum however.

Reactions: Chuckeee
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.