Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

greattrika

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 21, 2017
iOS
App Store
Calendar
Camera
Clock
Contacts
Mail
Maps
Notes
Photos
Reminders
Safari
Settings
Videos
Voice Memos

Last edited:
Reactions: TheSkywalker77

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Weren't basic apps like Messages, Safari, Mail, Calendar, Time, Photos, etc. part of it all since the beginning?

greattrika

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 21, 2017
Weren't basic apps like Messages, Safari, Mail, Calendar, Time, Photos, etc. part of it all since the beginning?
Thanks for the note. I have now completed the list with the apps.

Unfortunately I don't have the old iPhone OS and iOS version to show what the apps look like.

So I hope for the support of the community. If they have the pictures or screenshots of the old iPhone OS and iOS homescreen and can make it available.

greattrika

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 21, 2017
Just out of curiosity, why is this thread pinned?
I created it for the community because there's no such list anywhere.

A friend asked me what iOS built-in apps there were and how they have changed in design lately.
Unfortunately I could only help the friend a little. I added all built-in apps from each iPhone OS and iOS version.

But, what the apps all looked like back then, I couldn't manage. Don't have all iPhone OS or iOS version.

Maybe it motivates others to improve the list or just keep the app list up to date for the next major iOS.

Originally it was just a project for the friend, but I found it more productive for the community to share.

One thing I can tell you it was very exciting how everything has changed so much. From Steve Jobs preferred skeuomorphic app design to flat app design. What's next?

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
I created it for the community because there's no such list anywhere.

A friend asked me what iOS built-in apps there were and how they have changed in design lately.
Unfortunately I could only help the friend a little. I added all built-in apps from each iPhone OS and iOS version.

But, what the apps all looked like back then, I couldn't manage. Don't have all iPhone OS or iOS version.

Maybe it motivates others to improve the list or just keep the app list up to date for the next major iOS.

Originally it was just a project for the friend, but I found it more productive for the community to share.

One thing I can tell you it was very exciting how everything has changed so much. From Steve Jobs preferred skeuomorphic app design to flat app design. What's next?
No offense, but I really don't see this as "pinnable" material. Useful, sure, but a pretty narrow topic and not a lot of activity on it.

But there are people whose job it is to make this decision and they apparently have decided.

Good luck.

SoN1NjA

macrumors 68020
Feb 3, 2016
No offense, but I really don't see this as "pinnable" material. Useful, sure, but a pretty narrow topic and not a lot of activity on it.

But there are people whose job it is to make this decision and they apparently have decided.

Good luck.
I was confused when I saw this here — cool info but honestly extremely useless

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
I was confused when I saw this here — cool info but honestly extremely useless
I've been hesitant to raise this, but I created several threads during the Shortcuts beta process (along the same lines as the iOS beta megathreads) and asked to have them pinned (so they would appear in parallel with the iOS beta threads). Got zero reaction from the mods. Then I see this thread (and its companion in the iOS 11 forum about the Files app) get pinned and had to shake my head. Exactly 3 posts on the topic itself and the rest from me, you and one other on the existence of the thread or other unrelated topics. Kind of makes me think that the OP is either a mod him/herself or is a friend of a mod.

Reactions: oscar_aa

AfDdvd

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2018
iPhone OS hasn't been used for QUITE a while now, over 10 years
Can't find the picture anymore.
But the name iPhone OS is still used in some areas of the iOS system. I've seen it before from a webkit developer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.