Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JosephAW

macrumors 603
May 14, 2012
Still waiting for them to fix the mail app and iOS 17, it’s still showing the wrong reply-to address until you relaunch it o_O
I wish I just go back to iOS 16, that just worked.

Mr_Ed

macrumors 6502a
Mar 10, 2004
North and east of Mickeyland
Keynote, Pages, Numbers
I would prefer to see export/import to additional formats like LibreOffice/OpenOffice. That seems much more useful to me than any of the AI-driven crap.

Don’t know how you would go about autogenerating a slide, but when I am putting one together, I have a pretty good idea of what I want to see. Probably quicker to just do it myself. “Writing faster” in Pages also sounds like a gimmick. Faster than what? Faster than my mind is stringing together what I want to put down on the page?

DroidBro

macrumors member
Nov 20, 2020
Here’s everything I’m hoping for:

iOS 18 Wishlist

🔴 Notications/ Notication Shade.

•Option to turn off all notification badges with one toggle.

• Notification pinning
•Entirely new and revamped notification drawer. Basically just rip off everything Google is doing wholesale. Theirs is superior.

•Sync notifications across the ecosystem. If I read/dismiss a notification on iPhone it should be removed from all my other devices.

🖼️ Photos App.

•Magic eraser like feature.

•New library management feature that finds all duplicates, blurry photos, screenshots, other junk photos and allows you to delete with a tap.

•Screenshots go into their own album, away from all photos view.

☎️Phone app

•Option in calls to pull up a quick note.

📌 Screen Pinning (again rip off android) No more fears of them swiping away from what you want them to see.

📁 Secure Folder (again rip off android, specifically Samsung)

🎨 Customization

-free app placement

•Theme Store Compatible with iOS, iPadOS, MacOS, WatchOS

•Allow 3rd parties to create unique themes/icons/system sounds for iOS, iPad OS, MacOS.

•Material U like wallpaper themes

•System-wide themes. Icons, Sounds, Notification sounds, Ringtones, keyboard, toggles, sliders, colors etc. Rip off Material U.

-custom ring, notification sounds. Easier to add custom sounds without a mac. Ability to buy and download them from third party apps.

💬 iMessage.

•Group Typing Indicators

•Group Delivery reports (Delivered/Read)

•Theming Change Bubble Colors per contact, Expiring messages, More screen effects, Chat backgrounds.

•iMessage status. Ability to set iMessage status; auto replies with that status.

•Archive feature. There are threads I’d like to keep but not stare at everyday.

•Auto delete 2fa codes after a day

•Ability to select threads and remove all multimedia (pics, vids, audio messages) with one tap to free up iCloud/local storage

• Schedule Send

📱 “Your Phone” app. Mirror/control iPhone from iPad or mac. Basically the windows your phone app but for mac/ipad os.

📋 Universal Clipboard.

•Holds multiple items, syncs across all devices. •Ability to copy and paste anything and move it seamlessly between apps & devices

•Accessible within the keyboard or by pressing and holding in a text field.

🪟 Multi-window apps on iPhone. Two apps open at the same time (again like android, it’s time)

🪫 Show charge rate and time to full charge on Lock Screen when charging

🎤 Siri/Dictation/Accessibilty

•Make Siri surpass Google assistant in terms of capability and reliability. Google has set the bar.

•Improve dictation. Has way too many errors in its current form even when speaking slowly and enunciating.

•App for speech impaired individuals, text to speech AAC.

🗄️User accessible file system

⚙️ Ability to close all apps at once

😀 From within the emoji Section of the keyboard, a new dedicated view to add favorite emojis. Ability to set skin tone for all applicable emojis one time.

⚙️ Settings App

•Ability to clear system and app cache with a tap

•During setup, allow WiFi setup via QR code

•Scheduled restarts to keep phone running smoothly

•CarPlay set home screen layout once. Syncs to iCloud. Can apply to multiple cars.

•Fullscreen, scrolling screenshots. Ability to adjust size.

•Change Lock Screen shortcuts

•Ability to schedule low power mode, prevent low power mode from turning off when 80% is reached, super annoying!!

•Icon or text on Lock Screen to let user know whether device is fast charging or not.

•Better user dictionary (more accessible) syncs to iCloud and across devices

•Ability to force/check for AirPods update

📝 Journal app

•Ability to have multiple journals

•Tagging feature to find entries.

•Search

•Mood feature. Each entry starts (if users wishes) by entering their mood. Moods are searchable. Mood can be imported/syncs with  Health (incredible that they didn’t have this at launch).

•Each new journal entry automatically adds weather and location info.

•IPad App

•Watch app for quick dictation entries

•MacOS App

🔨 Service mode

• Disables all apps aside from core system apps with user data removed.
  • Can only be turned off with combined biometric and pass code

bradman83

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2020
Buffalo, NY
I had the Music app create a station from a song I was listening to this AM, and then three songs later, it played the song I had started the station from, so I heard the same song twice in 15 minutes; not a huge deal, but I'm not optimistic about Music getting any better.
When iTunes first launched there was an issue with random shuffle being literally too random, to the point that it would play the same song again (I remember Steve Jobs saying on stage "It really is random!"). Apple actually had to add an algorithm to make it slightly less random by suppressing recently played tracks. I wonder if there's a similar issue at play here.

reubs

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2006
Can Apple music just have a landscape mode, without being on a dock? I just want to be able to turn my phone on its side and have the UI make sense in that orientation.
It's wild that phones have gotten bigger, and we don't have universal landscape mode as an option. Sometimes I even want my home screen in landscape because that's how I've been using my phone. I know we shouldn't say, 'how hard can it be?', but we're talking about one of the biggest companies in the world; how hard can this be?

McScooby

macrumors 65816
Oct 15, 2005
The Paps of Glenn Close, Scotland.
It's wild that phones have gotten bigger, and we don't have universal landscape mode as an option. Sometimes I even want my home screen in landscape because that's how I've been using my phone. I know we shouldn't say, 'how hard can it be?', but we're talking about one of the biggest companies in the world; how hard can this be?
How hard can it be to revert to this feature that was on the 6+, 7+ etc iirc.

antiprotest

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2010
Much like what AI can do for coding, Shortcuts should allow AI to generate the shortcuts that I describe to it in natural language. No more searching, tapping, testing, searching Google, and then failing to make what I want.

CostaMoses

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2014
I would just like email snooze to be added to the mail app so I can ditch the 3rd party apps.

tomchr9

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2024
I fear that AI is going to be nothing more than a proverbial "lipstick on a pig" manoeuvre. Last facelife was iOS 7 in 2013. iOS lack of features and UI inconsistencies have not been significanty addressed and refined throughout the last 11 years.

My last iPhone was jailbreaked on iOS 14.8 and I had tweaks installed that made iOS so much better! Now I am on iOS 17.4 unjailbreaked and missing a lot of the refinements that the tweaks made possible.

insoft.uk

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2018
Notes: Can already display mathematical stuff.
Guess they perhaps making an easer way to select the appropriate UNICODE

Realityck

macrumors G4
Nov 9, 2015
Silicon Valley, CA
I'm more curious to see the improvements to macOS
Certain features of a OS are limited by RAM/Storage then just SoC's. Just look at Apple's stage manager that couldn't run on all iPads. The latest iPhones are now using at least 8GB RAM and 128GB storage, but 256 GB is recommended. This emphasis on more AI revolves around more then just a NPU, its also the capability of number of CPU/GPU cores also. So Macs could have more powerful SoC's then permitted in a iPhone or iPad and also some AI features that work better comparably. Should be fun too see all the iOS enhancements that utilize more resources without draining batteries. ;)

• Wow
Reactions: gusmula

Siliconguy

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2022
🪫 Show charge rate and time to full charge on Lock Screen when charging
On iPad and Mac OS too. Why do I have to log in to see the charge state?

The "Screenshots go into their own album, away from all photos view" also has merit.

And on Mac OS, more "standard" apps should be deletable. The mini has neither camera nor microphone, why can't I delete Voice notes, Photobooth, and FaceTime? I did delete messages from the iPad, but I still can't from the MacBook?

(No I'm not complaining about the disk space they use, but about the clutter they bring to the applications menu.)

kirky29

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2009
Lincolnshire, England
For the first time in a very very looong time I am genuinely excited about an iOS release. Can't wait for June.
For me it's the exact opposite. I switched to the S24 Ultra when it came out, first time in years and years using Android... And it's made me see just how far behind Apple are, Android isn't perfect by any stretch, and iOS has loads of incredible features that I miss, but it lacks even more. Just my personal view at the moment. I'll still be installing the beta on day 1 on my 15 Pro Max 😅

Yrmmont

macrumors member
Aug 18, 2017
Bownsville section of Brooklyn
I just wish there was a way to block spam and junk mail once and for all. I know, you hit block and it put the msg in junk. And the same spammers send more msgs and I receive and have to deal with it. I just want the Mail to DELETE all mail from spammers so I never have to see or deal with it.

Reactions: gusmula
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.