Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jeremz1ne

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2023
Reno,Nv
🖼️ Photos App.

•Magic eraser like feature.

•New library management feature that finds all duplicates, blurry photos, screenshots, other junk photos and allows you to delete with a tap.

•Screenshots go into their own album, away from all photos view.

i love every bit of that

Reactions: WhySoSerious

McScooby

macrumors 65816
Oct 15, 2005
The Paps of Glenn Close, Scotland.
I'd simply be content for a setting for safari to auto block all cookies on all sites I visit, i.e. no more pop-ups with legitimate interest to opt out of where the huge number of vendors is on another tab to deselect manually.

That & a setting to allow iCloud relay to be easily turned off on a tab for those times that google refuses to work esp with captcha's, swear they do this to apple devices deliberately!😂

RemedyRabbit

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2014
All I want is to be able to see and edit Smart Playlists on iOS. The fact that iOS still doesn't have this feature yet (though sometimes they seem to sync and update on the fly alright from syncing on the Mac/Windows), but computers from 1998 could do this is insane.

Also please, just let us add the Playlists/Artists/Songs tabs to the bottom tab bar again. Please. Drilling down into like 5 menus to get to the artists list is so bad, and it resets randomly when the app closes.
I have a list of Apple Music niggles as long as my arm, they're mostly simple things to put right too. Smart playlists and better personalisation are 100% on my list, but also...

Playlist folders
Sort a playlist by track artist NOT album artist (currently any tracks from a Various Artists album are listed under V)
Albums should only show Albums (not singles, not eps)
Albums should only show complete Albums that have been added to the collection (when a single track from an album is added to a playlist it absolutely should not also be displayed under Albums)
Allow for Album view in a playlist, enabling users to build playlists of albums
UX around Albums in general needs a lot of attention, feels like there has been a conscious choice to push playlists and discourage albums
Filtering Album/Songs by year, genre, date added etc etc
Combined search for library and Apple Music - just put library results up top how hard can it be
Fuzzy search - artists albums and song titles often have weird spellings so needing to get them exactly right is a pain, and terrible for accessibility.
I could go on and on and on

I've little confidence any of these changes will happen any time soon, as most of them could have easily been implemented years ago. Spotify isn't much better either. There's no real pressure for the big 2 to make their apps as good they can be, let alone to innovate. Auto generated playlists are certainly not innovative, sounds to me like stations are being rebranded for AI hype.

Far deeper customisation options would be very welcome. Music is such a personal thing, and yet we're all railroaded into the same UI.

Reactions: Slix

rustygh

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2023
Let's hope the maps route actually works? I told maps last week to avoid tolls roads and maps tried to have me turn around and use the toll road miles past, I just had to ignore, finally like 10 miles past it pulled it's head out. ;)

Auto generate playlists? So save a good run with 'create a station' ? That sounds good, and I have to click a few things now to do that with the Marvis App.

Calculator? Doesn't everyone own PCalc by now?

Messages with RCS is awesome!

Doing math in Notes, Meh, that's not a bad thing, I'm not sure how many would use?

Already a few AI that sumerise your searches, I'm willing to test Safari at it.

This is what I'm waiting for!! Let's hope "security" doesn't over-ride functionality. If it's my Bluetooth, and I pair it, then I should be able to have connecting to it do what I want, play Music!

Shortcuts: With iOS 18, users will reportedly be able to automate complex tasks more easily with the Shortcuts app.

eifelbube

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2020

Apple is expected to announce iOS 18 during its WWDC keynote on June 10, and new features have already been rumored for many apps, including Apple Music, Apple Maps, Calculator, Messages, Notes, Safari, and others.

iOS-18-Apple-Music-Messages-and-Notes-Feature-1.jpg

Below, we recap iOS 18 rumors on a per-app basis, based on reports from MacRumors, Bloomberg's Mark Gurman, and others:

While they are not dedicated apps, it has also been rumored that generative AI technology will allow the iPhone's virtual assistant Siri and built-in search tool Spotlight to respond to more complex questions and search queries.

For even more rumors, read our iOS 18 roundup.

Article Link: iOS 18 Rumored to Add New Features to These 15 Apps on Your iPhone
“It has also been rumored that the Messages app will use generative AI to auto-complete sentences more effectively.”

Fine with me as long as i can choose to turn auto-complete off so as to prevent Aggravating Interference …

Reactions: gusmula

rustygh

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2023
Finally, a calculator. Ha. Over time, I have had several with ads and well, ready to be done with that.
Bro, you never just paid the four dollar ? 🤣 I guess it will be best for you now! PCalc is up to $9.99

rustygh

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2023
Conversions in calculator would be awesome, even better if it handled currency
I'm just perplexed why you'd open a calculator app to have a conversation when we already have so many actual full AI's that can also do calculations. Check out Routine Hub and get the Gemini Chat Shortcut. 😉

waltman

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2023
It would be nice if the new Web Eraser could automatically remove ads and paywalls.

arkmannj

macrumors 68000
Oct 1, 2003
UT
I would really like to see Shortcuts be able to expand its functionality & integrations. Even little things like using spreadsheets as an input to loop through rows.

JippaLippa

macrumors 65816
Jan 14, 2013
Certain features of a OS are limited by RAM/Storage then just SoC's. Just look at Apple's stage manager that couldn't run on all iPads. The latest iPhones are now using at least 8GB RAM and 128GB storage, but 256 GB is recommended. This emphasis on more AI revolves around more then just a NPU, its also the capability of number of CPU/GPU cores also. So Macs could have more powerful SoC's then permitted in a iPhone or iPad and also some AI features that work better comparably. Should be fun too see all the iOS enhancements that utilize more resources without draining batteries. ;)
I have a 128GB M1 Ultra.
Should be allright.

jonnysods

macrumors G3
Sep 20, 2006
There & Back Again
I had the Music app create a station from a song I was listening to this AM, and then three songs later, it played the song I had started the station from, so I heard the same song twice in 15 minutes; not a huge deal, but I'm not optimistic about Music getting any better.
Can they just make shuffle work? Doesn't matter what song I start from and how big the playlist is, it seems to always play the songs in a sequential 'shuffled' order.

Reactions: reubs

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
For me it's the exact opposite. I switched to the S24 Ultra when it came out, first time in years and years using Android... And it's made me see just how far behind Apple are, Android isn't perfect by any stretch, and iOS has loads of incredible features that I miss, but it lacks even more. Just my personal view at the moment. I'll still be installing the beta on day 1 on my 15 Pro Max 😅
I have a S23 ultra for work and tbh I feel pretty underwhelmed with it... I just don't see all this amazing stuff that Android users claim is light years ahead of the iphone... Maybe I'm missing it, but it feels just as boring as iOS and slightly more disjointed... Not my cup of tea.

reubs

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2006
Can they just make shuffle work? Doesn't matter what song I start from and how big the playlist is, it seems to always play the songs in a sequential 'shuffled' order.
And then, when I go to an album to listen to it, Shuffle is still turned on, and the album order is all out of whack! Just because I want one thing shuffled doesn't mean I want everything shuffled.

jonnysods

macrumors G3
Sep 20, 2006
There & Back Again
And then, when I go to an album to listen to it, Shuffle is still turned on, and the album order is all out of whack! Just because I want one thing shuffled doesn't mean I want everything shuffled.
I'm a little stunned at how such basic things like this are missed. I'm totally with you, I go to play an album, loving the first song, then it jumps around. Pain when you're driving and using carplay.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.