Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

berazzi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 6, 2017
So I have a Mac Pro 1.1, worked perfectly fine.

As I was looking at replacing the HDD with a SSD I had both HDD's out of the cabinet. Long story short, the plan was rejected so I went to connect my drives again.

So now im stuck at boot with the "cannot find system disk" icon, a folder with a stop sign and I dont understand why.
I have not touched the disks in any way (expect having them disconnected), formatted, partitioned or anything.
I am fairly sure theyre connected in the same slots as before, but that should not be a problem right?

I have tried the following things:

Tried to boot up in recovery mode. I got the globe and the spinner-thingie, but nothing happens and eventually im a the folder no go icon again.

Tried to boot up in startup manager. I got only one option here called EFI boot and nothing happens when clikcing it.

Tried to boot up the test/diagnostics thing with D, nothing happens I get to the no system disk.

Tried to boot up with the install disk in the drive. It certainly detects the drive as I can hear it work and see the globe, but after a while Im back at the no system disk.

I dont have any important data or anything on it, which I why I quickly turned to the installation disk, but for some reason I cannot get even that to work.

Any suggestions?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.