Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

i_wolf

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 17, 2002
Hi all,
I was browsing (drooling) over at the apple website at the G4 Powermac Range and i noticed something strange. The 1.25 dual that we have all been going on about is not shipping for 6 -8 weeks. This is old news. Ok. However some people here were suggesting that apples supplies of g4 1.25's were probably low.... however... if you go and look at the g4 servers ... you will see that the fastest and ultimate models both sport dual 1.25's with the same mobo as the powermacs. These are available immediately.
Does anyone have any ideas why there are processors available now in the Server G4 and not the Powermac g4. I rang the apple store and they said that they did not know why but that they could ship a G4 server 1.25 in the next few days?!??! Strange.
Were I apple i would be focusing a bit more on getting the Powermac version out before the Server version. Any how opinions please!
Regards.

Moxiemike

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
Re: 1.25 G4's

Originally posted by i_wolf
Hi all,
I was browsing (drooling) over at the apple website at the G4 Powermac Range and i noticed something strange. The 1.25 dual that we have all been going on about is not shipping for 6 -8 weeks. This is old news. Ok. However some people here were suggesting that apples supplies of g4 1.25's were probably low.... however... if you go and look at the g4 servers ... you will see that the fastest and ultimate models both sport dual 1.25's with the same mobo as the powermacs. These are available immediately.
Does anyone have any ideas why there are processors available now in the Server G4 and not the Powermac g4. I rang the apple store and they said that they did not know why but that they could ship a G4 server 1.25 in the next few days?!??! Strange.
Were I apple i would be focusing a bit more on getting the Powermac version out before the Server version. Any how opinions please!
Regards.

you're wrong. I did a little investigation on the Apple Store and the attached image is what I saw.

I called them and they told me that the dual 1.25 powermacs will ship at the same time as the servers. That NO 1.25 processor would be shipping for at least 4 weeks.

t

Attachments

• pmacserver.jpg
    pmacserver.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 469

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
Yeah, I got the same thing as i_wolf. They may not say "Shipping in 4-6/6-8 weeks" on the main page under the "Fastest" and "Ultimate" headings, but it shows up as 6-8 when you review your order.

macmunch

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2002
I read that there will ...

be bluetooth on the mobo thats why these PM will be released later !

I red it on macrumors.com or was it thinksecret.com ?

I red it that I know for sure.
:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.