Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

entatlrg

macrumors 68040
Mar 2, 2009
Waterloo & Georgian Bay, Canada
There's been similar discussions on here about the 1.8 versus the 2.13 as well, the consensus there was that provided both have ssd's it won't be a noticeable difference.

But, the new 2.13 has a longer battery life, correct? I'm not sure by how much, I'd ask actual users here to get real life stat's. And, the screens' are apparently better so that makes it possibly a better buy than the 1.6 or even the 1.8 at discounted prices.

Buy the latest and greatest that's usually the safest choice.

adamjackson

macrumors 68020
Jul 9, 2008
No offense, but I wouldn't bank on that *at all*. In 12 months, I can virtually guarantee you that you won't get anywhere close to $1500.

understood but I've always had great look with the standard apple notebook resell value. It's my first Air so I'm not sure if that value still stands.

My typical PowerBook and MBP purchases hold their value well. I'll get 15% less than I paid for it 12 months later.

jleffell

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2009
understood but I've always had great look with the standard apple notebook resell value. It's my first Air so I'm not sure if that value still stands.

My typical PowerBook and MBP purchases hold their value well. I'll get 15% less than I paid for it 12 months later.

What is the best way to go about selling laptops (ebay, craigslist or major reseller)? I don't think I will get an exchange from Apple but I really want to move to a Rev B (at least) with SSD from my Rev A 1.8 HDD.

mackhydr4

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 14, 2009
What is the best way to go about selling laptops (ebay, craigslist or major reseller)? I don't think I will get an exchange from Apple but I really want to move to a Rev B (at least) with SSD from my Rev A 1.8 HDD.

I've had good luck so far with Craigslist and eBay. I sold a black macbook for $950 about three weeks ago(eBay) and $850 for a Gateway 7805u (Craigslist) three months ago.

Pros and Cons:

eBay - great visibility, but (eBay, Paypal, shipping) fees can be a downer.

Craigslist - no fees, but sometimes have to deal with shady characters. My advice: stay local (local pickup and cash) when using this service.

I tend to use both and sell to whichever comes through first.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.