Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

goodmacman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2006
Considering the recent trend at apple to quietly remove functions without warning (eg. proper accessibility features in pages) is anyone aware of a list of deprecated functionality?

Thanks,

John

Polaroid

macrumors 65816
Oct 1, 2013
Considering the recent trend at apple to quietly remove functions without warning (eg. proper accessibility features in pages) is anyone aware of a list of deprecated functionality?

Thanks,

John

Dark Mode is missing I believe :(

lewismayell

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2013
South West England
The green maximise button, I don't want to make ALLLLLL of my windows fullscreen, I don't even want any of them fullscreen, I just want them to fit nicely, what have they done

hamis92

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2007
Finland
The green maximise button, I don't want to make ALLLLLL of my windows fullscreen, I don't even want any of them fullscreen, I just want them to fit nicely, what have they done

Reportedly you can invoke the traditional zoom function by Option-clicking the maximise button.

Polaroid

macrumors 65816
Oct 1, 2013
Dark Mode wasn't in Mavericks.

Photo booth isn't in DP1, so they might've axed that.

Other than UI changes, I haven't come across anything else so far.

Oh must have misunderstood thread, though he meant whats been removed from the Keynote.

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005

option click, chap.

I guess you could say the 3D dock is gone.

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
PhotoBooth is still around according to the release notes:

PhotoBooth is not included in this developer preview.

So looks like it's not dead :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.