Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Joseph C

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 5, 2009
1. Firstly, bookmark folders don't appear in the smart address field or new tab view. They appear on iOS - so hopefully they're going to be added soon? At the moment I've had to re-enable the bookmark toolbar due to the lack of bookmark folder support in the address field and new tab view.

2. Secondly, Reader view is kinda ugly and still set out in Georgia. Hopefully this is not by design and they are going to introduce Helvetica Neue and a prettier Reader view for Mac that mirrors iOS.

3. And finally, the Frequently Visited view on the new tab view is kinda annoying and can't be disabled/emptied/hidden without clearing your whole history.

Hope all these things are going to be sorted by the end because the new UI with the compact top toolbar is awesome.

The unfortunate thing is though that they could easily be by design and not slated for a fix! :(

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
1. Firstly, bookmark folders don't appear in the smart address field or new tab view. They appear on iOS - so hopefully they're going to be added soon? At the moment I've had to re-enable the bookmark toolbar due to the lack of bookmark folder support in the address field and new tab view.

2. Secondly, Reader view is kinda ugly and still set out in Georgia. Hopefully this is not by design and they are going to introduce Helvetica Neue and a prettier Reader view for Mac that mirrors iOS.

3. And finally, the Frequently Visited view on the new tab view is kinda annoying and can't be disabled/emptied/hidden without clearing your whole history.

Hope all these things are going to be sorted by the end because the new UI with the compact top toolbar is awesome.

The unfortunate thing is though that they could easily be by design and not slated for a fix! :(

Well we'll just have to wait and see won't we. Remember, this is a developer preview.

swindlenz

macrumors member
May 18, 2013
It seems to have a big where it won't retain clicking in the URL bar, as the cursor reverts to the google search bar on the page after a few seconds. So I keep getting half typed addresses in the URL bar and the other half in the google search bar. Annoying. It is fast though. I will give it that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.