Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Isamilis

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 3, 2012
Hi guys,

The Preview in El Capitan is not as sharp as in Mavericks. Anyone can confirm whether this is still bugs in 10.11.3?

Thanks.

Isamilis

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 3, 2012
It's still here. I press zoom in and then zoom to fit to correct it. Quite annoying! Just adjust the zoom level and it should refocus
Thanks Mcmeowmers. I might delay the update until this bug resolved.

Isamilis

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 3, 2012
If I compare with the Acrobat or Mavericks' Preview, the fonts are always more blurry. You can get a bit clear by changing the zoom, but still less sharp. I read a lot of pdf therefore this bug really affecting my reading experience.

Btw, thank you for the confirmation

It doesn't happen all of the time by the way!

Reactions: Mcmeowmers

j2048b

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2009
Cali
under the preferences panel there is also a setting on the bottom of the general section called:

use lcd font smoothing when available.... unclick this and notice how ur fonts are no longer as bright and in a type of bold? that has helped save my eyes and the blurryness numerous amounts of time....

Isamilis

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 3, 2012
That works! How didn't I think about that previously... Thanks

under the preferences panel there is also a setting on the bottom of the general section called:

use lcd font smoothing when available.... unclick this and notice how ur fonts are no longer as bright and in a type of bold? that has helped save my eyes and the blurryness numerous amounts of time....

Reactions: j2048b
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.