Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thebmall

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 11, 2014
Hi all,

So, I didn't see these problems in the first iteration of Sierra. But, the latest edition: 10.12.2 is giving me weird graphic glitches all over the place. See attachment.
Screen+Shot+2016-12-14+at+5.28.24+PM.png

Is there any way to downgrade to an earlier version of Sierra?

Also noticed that the NVideo CUDA panel in settings now says it needs to be updated. Of course, there is no newer driver than what I have and NVidia has no idea what I'm talking about.

Specs and other images attached:

Screen+Shot+2016-12-14+at+4.03.55+PM.png

Screen+Shot+2016-12-14+at+4.06.55+PM.png

Blackforge

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2008
It is a toolkit, but there are newer CUDA drivers in it, you should be able to use the network installer to choose/download just the drivers. If not, looking through the instructions, the drivers can be installed separately from the whole toolkit.

The screenshot above stated you needed new CUDA drivers and I found them... *shrug*

They'd be easier to try than rolling back I bet.

CUDA is technically a compute development platform, so it isn't far fetched for the latest drivers to be available through a development site.

Last edited:

thebmall

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 11, 2014
It is a toolkit, but there are newer CUDA drivers in it, you should be able to use the network installer to choose/download just the drivers. If not, looking through the instructions, the drivers can be installed separately from the whole toolkit.

The screenshot above stated you needed new CUDA drivers and I found them... *shrug*

They'd be easier to try than rolling back I bet.

CUDA is technically a compute development platform, so it isn't far fetched for the latest drivers to be available through a development site.

Worth a shot. Tried it, doesn't work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.